- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 large zucchini spiralized
- 1 tomato diced
- 2 packed cups parsley or kale stems removed
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese plus additional for garnish
- 3 tbsp walnuts or pine nuts
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/3 cup to 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
In a large skillet or wok, add oil. Bring pan to medium high heat.
Add in the zucchini and cook until tender but still crispy. Place zucchini into a colander to strain out all the water. Set aside.
To make the pesto, add parsley, garlic, cheese and nuts to food processor. Pulse on high speed until everything is finely chopped. Set food processor to low speed and gradually stream in the oil and lemon juice while the food processor is still running, until the sauce becomes smooth and creamy. Start with 1/3 cup olive oil and add more if needed. Taste and add salt and pepper if needed.
Toss zucchini in pesto. You do not need to use the entire amount of pesto. Just add enough for your own personal preference. Toss in tomatoes. Divide into meal prep containers. Garnish with parmesan cheese if desired.
- To preserve the green color of the pesto, I usually use parsley or kale, but you an use basil if you prefer. Just know that your pesto will brown.
- I usually briefly reheat the noodles in the microwave but sometimes I'll just eat them cold or room temperature in the summer.
- I use these Meal Prep Containers* and this spiralizer.*
- *Some of the links contained in this post are affiliate links. Much like referral codes, this means I earn a small commission if you purchase a product I referred (at no extra charge to you).
- Parsley, walnuts and 1/3 cup of extra virgin olive oil are included in the nutrition estimate.
Pesto Zucchini Noodles Meal Prep
Amount Per Serving (0.25 of recipe)
Calories 277 Calories from Fat 251
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27.9g 43%
Saturated Fat 4.7g 24%
Polyunsaturated Fat 5.1g
Monounsaturated Fat 17g
Cholesterol 4.8mg 2%
Sodium 132.3mg 6%
Total Carbohydrates 5.5g 2%
Dietary Fiber 2g 8%
Protein 5.1g 10%
Vitamin A 11%
Vitamin C 87%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.