- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 head of butter lettuce leaves separated, washed and patted dry
- 2 green scallions thinly sliced
bang bang sauce
- 3 tbsp Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp sriracha
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp low fat mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp fresh lime juice
In a medium bowl, add sauce ingredients. Whisk together until smooth and uniform. Set aside.
Bring a skillet to medium high heat. Add in ground chicken. Cook chicken until completely cooked. Turn down heat to medium. Stir in 4 tbsp of bang bang sauce. Stir and cook a few minutes until chicken is evenly coated in sauce. Turn off heat.
Add a few spoonfuls of ground chicken to the center of each lettuce leaf. Garnish with scallions. Drizzle chicken with more bang bang sauce. Serve immediately.
- Thai sweet chili sauce is a key ingredient to the bang bang sauce. Make sure you buy Thai sweet chili and not regular Thai chili sauce (the latter is extremely spicy).
- To make the sauce healthier, you can substitute half of the light mayonnaise with nonfat plain Greek yogurt. I think the sauce still tastes very flavorful and creamy with this substitution though the color of your sauce will be more of a salmon pink rather than orange.
- To make the sauce even richer and thicker you can use full fat mayonnaise.
- Thai sweet chili sauce is more sweet than spicy which is why the sauce also adds sriracha to add a little heat. You can adjust the sriracha if you would like more or less spice.
- The sauce tastes good cold, room temperature or warmed up. For the drizzle on top of the lettuce wraps, I recommend room temperature or cold.
- You can serve this dish with your favorite lettuce. I prefer using butter lettuce for lettuce wraps.
Bang Bang Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Amount Per Serving (1 lettuce wrap)
Calories 100 Calories from Fat 53
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5.9g 9%
Saturated Fat 1.3g 7%
Polyunsaturated Fat 2.3g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Cholesterol 33.9mg 11%
Sodium 122.2mg 5%
Total Carbohydrates 3.8g 1%
Dietary Fiber 0.4g 2%
Protein 6.8g 14%
Vitamin A 1%
Vitamin C 3%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.