- 1 medium head cauliflower cut into bite-sized florets
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
for the sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tsp sriracha
- 3 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 4 tsp cornstarch + 3 tbsp water
Add oil to a large pan over the stove and bring to medium-high heat. Add in the cauliflower and cook until tender. Set aside.
In a small saucepan, add all sauce ingredients except cornstarch and water. Bring to a simmer, stirring to mix everything together. Taste and adjust as needed. You may want yours less sweet, more sweet, etc.
In a small bowl, completely dissolve cornstarch in water. Add to sauce and immediately begin stirring so that the cornstarch does not clump up. Continue to stir until sauce comes to a low boil and thickens. The sauce should be fairly thick. This is okay because once it is mixed with the cauliflower, it will thin out.
Drain any liquid from cauliflower pan. Add in sauce and stir over medium heat until all cauliflower is evenly coated and heated. Serve immediately. Garnish with fresh chopped scallions if desired.
- I like to use sriracha, but you can substitute your favorite hot sauce. If you are cooking gluten-free make sure to choose a gluten-free brand.
- Like the hot sauce, if you are cooking gluten-free make sure to choose a soy sauce brand that is gluten-free.