- 1 1/2 cups lightly packed finely chopped raw broccoli (see note)
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned panko bread crumbs (see note)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 large egg
Preheat oven to 400°F. Add broccoli, breadcrumbs, cheese and egg into a large mixing bowl. Mix with a large spoon until everything is combined.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silpat mat. Take a small handful of broccoli mix (a little over 1 tbsp), and squeeze into the palm of your hand about 2-3 times to compact the shape and squeeze out excess liquid. Then use hands to shape into small cylinders, the size of tater tots (about 1 inch long). Place onto lined baking sheet. Repeat until all broccoli is used up
Bake for about 15 minutes. Bottom of tots should be golden brown. Flip tots over and bake for another 8-10 minutes. Serve with ketchup or other dipping sauce.
- I recommend using a food processor to finely chop the broccoli. One head of broccoli will yield about 1 1/2 cups.
- If you use non-seasoned panko breadcrumbs, make sure to add Italian seasoning to your mix.