- 1 lb boneless chicken breast cut into small cubes (see note)
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs Kikkoman brand preferred
- 1 cup finely ground Parmesan cheese (see note)
- 2 large eggs whisked
- marinara or ketchup sauce for dipping
Preheat oven to 400°F. Add panko and cheese to a large bowl and then mix together until thoroughly combined. Dip chicken pieces in egg and then roll in bread crumb mixture until fully coated. Dip again in egg and roll again in bread crumbs and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Repeat with remaining chicken
Bake for about 20 minutes until coating is a dark golden brown and crunchy. Flip nuggets and bake another 5-10 minutes until other side turns dark golden brown, as well. Serve with marinara sauce or ketchup.
- The chicken does not need to be the size of nuggets because they will become bigger from the double coating.
- I used shredded Parmesan cheese and pulsed it through a food processor until the crumbs were the same size as the panko breadcrumbs.