- 1 (10-lb) fresh turkey (see note)
- 2 gallons vegetable oil
- your choice of dry rub seasoning
- 1 bottle injectable marinade (see note)
Add oil to your indoor fryer, filling it somewhere between the min and max line and set the temperature to 350°F. While oil is heating, gently rinse your turkey and then completely dry it with paper towels. If you have a frozen turkey you will need to defrost overnight and do a water bath (see note).
Inject your turkey with marinade.
Rub entire surface of turkey with dry rub.
Slowly lower turkey into fryer. Cook approximately 3 minutes per pound.
Drain turkey from oil and let cool for about 30 minutes before carving and serving.
- I found my turkey at Whole Foods, but if you can't find a fresh turkey you can use a defrosted frozen turkey. Learn how to safely thaw a turkey in this post.
- I used Stubb's Chipotle injectable marinade. I used this tutorial for reference.
- This recipe uses the Butterball Large Electric Fryer*.
- *Some of the links contained in this post are affiliate links. Much like referral codes, this means I earn a small commission if you purchase a product I referred (at no extra charge to you).