- 2 cups dry long grain rice I used basmati
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed thoroughly
- 2 cans red enchilada sauce I used Old El Paso
- 1 large tomato chopped into small cubes
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley or cilantro optional
Cook rice according to instructions. While rice is cooking, coat chicken in 1/2 can of enchilada sauce, set aside. Add rest of enchilada sauces (1 1/2 cans) into pot of cooked rice and stir until mixed. Add in tomato, black beans, and chicken with enchilada sauce and mix.
Preheat oven to 375°F. Scoop rice mixture into a a large casserole dish. Mix cheeses together and then spread on top of rice, evenly across surface. Bake for about 15 minutes until cheese is bubbly. Sprinkle with parsley/cilantro before serving.