- 1 lb boneless chicken thighs cut into 1-inch pieces (see note)
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs (see note)
- 1 cup finely ground Parmesan cheese (see note)
- 1 extra large egg whisked
- marinara sauce for dipping
Preheat oven to 400°F. Add panko and cheese to a large bowl and then mix together until thoroughly combined.
Dip chicken pieces in egg and then roll in breadcrumb mixture until fully coated and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Repeat until all chicken is coated.
Bake for about 20-25 minutes until chicken coating is a dark golden brown and crunchy. Serve with marinara sauce.
- I like chicken thighs for this recipe because they have a lot of flavor, but you can also use chicken breasts if that's what you have on hand.
- I like to use Kikkoman brand panko breadcrumbs because they brown evenly. I shared a photo of the packaging in the blog post.
- I used shredded Parmesan cheese and put it through a food processor until the crumbs were the same size as the panko breadcrumbs.
- The nutrition estimate does not include the marinara dipping sauce.
Crunchy Baked Parmesan Chicken Bites
Amount Per Serving (0.25 of recipe)
Calories 405 Calories from Fat 115
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12.8g 20%
Saturated Fat 5.4g 27%
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 4.2g
Cholesterol 167.4mg 56%
Sodium 678.3mg 28%
Total Carbohydrates 32.2g 11%
Dietary Fiber 1.2g 5%
Protein 39g 78%
Vitamin A 5%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.