- 1 ½ cups superfine almond flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp aluminum-free baking powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
garlic butter topping:
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp parsley minced
Preheat oven to 450°F. Lightly grease muffin cavities of a 12-cup muffin pan.
In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, salt, baking powder, garlic powder.
In a small bowl, combine eggs, sour cream, butter. Whisk until smooth. Pour into large bowl with dry ingredients.
Mix with a whisk or spoon until batter is evenly mixed. It will be quite thick. Stir in cheese.
Scoop ¼ cup of batter and place into muffin mold. The batter is sticky so you will likely need to use a spatula to scrape and remove all the batter from the measuring cup. Repeat until all batter is used up
Bake biscuits about 10-11 minutes or until tops are golden and toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Use a thin spatula to loosen edges of biscuits. Remove biscuits from muffin pan.
In a small bowl, dissolve garlic powder into melted butter. Stir in parsley. Brush onto tops of biscuits while the biscuits are still hot and butter is still liquid. Biscuits are best eaten warm.
- It’s best to bake these in a muffin pan because the batter is very liquid and will spread out too much if you try to bake them free form on a baking sheet.
- The key to making these taste like Red Lobster Cheddar Bay biscuits is the garlic butter finish. Don’t leave this step out!