- 3 large ripe avocados
- ¾ cup cherry tomatoes halved
- ¾ cup fresh mini mozzarella balls
- 3 tbsp basil chiffonade
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- balsamic glaze
Slice avocados in half. Take avocado halves and carve out flesh, leaving 1/4 inch perimeter of avocado. Take the scooped out flesh and dice into cubes. Reserve ¾ cup for the salad. You can use any remaining in another recipe.
In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, mozzarella, avocado cubes. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss until ingredients are evenly coated in oil.
Stuff avocado shells with caprese salad. Garnish with basil. Drizzle balsamic glaze over each avocado half.
- Because the balsamic glaze is concentrated, I did not add any balsamic vinegar to the olive oil dressing. If you plan on leaving out the balsamic glaze, you would need to make a balsamic vinaigrette to dress the salad.
- I used this balsamic glaze which I purchased on Amazon*
- Because avocados and basil will brown easily, I don’t recommend preparing this too far ahead of time.
- The nutrition estimate does not include the balsamic glaze.
*Some of the links contained in this post are affiliate links. Much like referral codes, this means I earn a small commission if you purchase a product I referred (at no extra charge to you).