- 1 pound flank steak thinly sliced against the grain
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 scallions finely chopped
- 1/2 cup light soy sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
In a small saucepan, heat soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic and ginger. Bring to a low boil until sauce thickens slightly (about 1-2 minutes).
Place meat in a bowl and add cornstarch. Toss meat until all pieces are coated in cornstarch.
Heat oil in a large pan or wok. When oil is hot, add in beef slices until slices are brown and just cooked. Drain out oil. Add sauce to the beef and stir until sauce becomes thick. Sprinkle with chopped scallions and serve over rice.
- If you want it less salty, reduce the amount of soy sauce.
- Recipe adapted from Damn Delicious