- 1 lb broccoli crowns cut into florets
- 1/2 lb flank steak thinly sliced against the grain
- 1 tbsp + 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp rice wine
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce or more as needed
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
Toss meat in cornstarch and rice wine until all the beef is coated in cornstarch. Turn stove to medium-high and pour about 1 tbsp of vegetable oil into wok/pan and coat bottom. Add in chopped garlic. Once the aroma of the garlic comes out, add in broccoli. Cook broccoli until about 3/4 done and then remove from pan.
Add beef to empty wok and cook until about 3/4 done. Add in oyster sauce. Dissolve 1/2 tbsp cornstarch into about 1-2 tbsp of water and add to pan until sauce thickens and beef is finished cooking. Add broccoli back in and stir and toss until broccoli is fully cooked and coated in sauce. Serve with rice.