- 4 cups water
- 2 cubes chicken bouillon
- 1 tbsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 lb ground Italian pork sausage
- 1 small white onion diced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 3 cups roughly chopped kale about 1/3 of a bunch
Cook and crumble sausage in soup pot until it is fully cooked. Remove sausage and set aside. Drain out oil but leave behind about 1 tbsp. Add in diced onions and saute. Once onions are translucent, add in garlic and cook another minute.
Add in water, chicken cubes and potatoes and bring to medium-high heat to bring soup to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until potatoes are soft, about 15-20 minutes. Keep lid on so that water does not evaporate.
Reduce heat to low and add in heavy cream, kale, sausage and red pepper flakes and cook until kale is just tender. Serve warm.
- Adapted from All Recipes
- I used chicken bouillon cubes with water to create the soup base. However, you can also substitute with chicken broth or chicken bone broth.