- 6 eggs cooked to soft boiled (I use this egg timer* to know when it's at soft boiled)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk + 1 tbsp milk
- 1/2 cup crisped bacon or ham chopped into tiny pieces
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 400°F. Line 6 muffin cavities in a 12-cup muffin pan with liners.
Mix flour, sugar, salt and baking powder in a large bowl. Add in vegetable oil, egg and milk into flour mixture and stir until batter is smooth. It will be sticky. Fold/stir in cheese and bacon or ham.
Take a handful of muffin batter and cover egg with it, spreading a thin layer across entire egg. Place into muffin mold. Repeat with remaining eggs and batter. Bake for approximately 16-18 minutes until golden brown.
*Some of the links contained in this post are affiliate links. Much like referral codes, this means I earn a small commission if you purchase a product I referred (at no extra charge to you).