- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 tsp matcha green tea powder
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). In a small bowl, stir together flour, matcha green tea powder, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients. Roll dough into balls about one inch in diameter and flatten slightly to create round discs, and place onto ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden. Let stand on cookie sheet two minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.
- When baking with matcha powder, it is best to use a high-quality matcha powder. I buy universal grade or ceremonial grade matcha powder by Maeda En*.
- Recipe adapted from All Recipes
- *Some of the links contained in this post are affiliate links. Much like referral codes, this means I earn a small commission if you purchase a product I referred (at no extra charge to you).