- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour 11-oz, stir the flour first to aerate it before lightly spooning it into a measuring cup.
- 1 tsp table salt
- 1 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup 2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar golden or dark
- 1 generous tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- M&Ms for decorating the cookies
Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray cookie sheets with baking spray.
Combine the flour, salt and baking soda together in a small bowl.
In a large bowl, beat the butter and both sugars together until creamy. Add the vanilla and stir to combine. Add the eggs one at a time to the mixture, mixing thoroughly after each. Add the flour to the butter mixture and stir until combined.
Break off enough dough to form a golf ball-sized ball. Repeat with the rest of the dough. Place the dough balls on the cookie sheets with space in between as the cookies will spread as they bake.
Bake the cookies for 9 minutes. Remove them from the oven and gently press a few M&Ms into each cookie (about 6 each). Place them bake in the oven and bake them for another three to five minutes or until the cookies are set.
Cool the cookies for a few minutes on the cookie sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe source: Kitchen Parade