- ½ cup creamy almond butter no salt, sugar or palm oil added
- ¼ cup + 1 tbsp Sukrin brown sugar alternative
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla (optional)
- 6 tbsp sugar free or dark chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
Add all ingredients except chocolate chips to a large bowl. Mix with a spoon until everything is fully and evenly mixed
Stir in ¼ cup of chocolate chips.
Using a 1 ½ tbsp cookie scoop, scoop cookie dough balls and place on prepared baking sheet, spacing them 2 inches apart. Use remaining chocolate chips on surface of cookies, manually adding them to the tops of cookie dough balls that don't have that many chips.
Bake cookies for about 8 minutes. Cookies should be puffed, slightly golden brown on surface, but dough will not look not fully cooked or set. You do not want to over-bake because it will make the cookies brittle when cooled.
Let cookies cool completely on cookie sheets where they will continue to cook and set. Do not remove cookies until they are fully set. Use a thin cookie spatula to remove cookies from cookie sheet.
- Use a creamy almond butter with no salt, oil, or sugar added. The texture should be creamy and drippy and you will need to stir before using. I usually use Trader Joe's or Whole Foods almond butters.
- I used sukrin gold brown sugar alternative.* You can substitute with another brand of brown sugar alternative but you do want to stick with a brown sugar substitute because it is softer and spreads more than a granular sugar alternative.
- For the chocolate chips, I used Lily's dark chocolate keto chocolate chips. You can also substitute with other sugar-free chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate.
- I use this 1 1/2 tbsp cookie scoop.*
- I use this cookie spatula.* It is my favorite spatula for removing cookies off baking sheets.
- *Some of the product links contained in this post are affiliate links. Much like referral codes, this means I earn a small commission if you purchase a product I referred (at no extra charge to you).
- Estimated Nutrition Information does not include carbs from erythritol