- 5 large hard-boiled eggs peeled and quartered
- 1 large ripe avocado diced
- 5 tbsp kewpie mayonnaise can substitute with regular mayonnaise
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 soft boiled eggs sliced in half (you will only use 1.5 eggs for 3 sandwiches)
- 6 slices shokupan bread can substitute with other milk breads or similar soft white bread
Add eggs, avocado, mayonnaise into food processor and blend until finely chopped. The mixture should be close to a paste, with only small pieces of egg whites for some texture. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Remove crusts from bread slices. Place a soft boiled egg half onto the center of 3 slices of bread. Spread egg filling evenly over the three slices, so that the filling is the same height and slightly covers the egg slice. Place remaining bread slices over filling. Slice sandwiches in half and serve.
- I used the Instant Pot method for both the soft and hard boiled eggs. It's the best method I've come across for easy-to-peel eggs.
- Shokupan is a Japanese milk bread. I bought mine from my local Japanese market.
- If you want to make your own, I have a milk bread recipe that is very similar to shokupan.
- If you don't have access to a Japanese grocery store, you can replace with other soft white bread.
- If you are on a low carb diet, you can also try this with my low carb keto mug bread recipe.
- You can leave out the soft boiled egg. If you do, you should have enough filling for a fourth sandwich since you do not have to add as much filling to be level with the egg.
- You can substitute kewpie mayonnaise with regular mayonnaise, but the nutrition estimate was calculated using kewpie mayonnaise.
- The nutrition estimate does not include the bread because brands and styles of bread are so nutritionally different.