- 1 cup superfine almond flour
- 1/3 cup erythritol sweetener granular
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
Cinnamon Sugar Coating
- 2 tbsp erythritol sweetener granular
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line muffin pan with mini muffin liners. In a small bowl, combine cinnamon sugar coating ingredients and whisk to evenly mix. Set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, sweetener, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg. In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, vanilla, butter and milk.
Add liquid mixture to the dry batter and whisk until smooth.
Add about 1 tbsp batter to each muffin mold (filling them about 2/3 full). You do not want to overfill because it will cause the tops of the muffin to spread out and flatten. Bake for about 15 minutes or until edges of the muffins turn a dark brown and center is fully cooked.
Remove muffins from pan. While muffins are still hot, dip tops in cinnamon sugar coating. This must be done while the muffins are hot, otherwise the coating will not stick. Place muffins on a cooling rack to cool. Store uneaten muffins in an airtight container.
- Adapted from Wholesome Yum
- I used So Nourished Erythritol Sweetener Granular.*
- I don't recommend baking these in a donut pan. The donuts have to cook longer to not stick to the pan and it causes them to be drier and not as fluffy.
- Make sure to use mini muffin liners.* The muffins have a very delicate crumb, so it does stick to the pan, even when greased.
- These should be baked in mini muffin pan* rather than a full sized 1-cup muffin pan. The tops of these muffins brown quite a bit as they bake. If you were to make full-sized muffins, these muffins would need to bake a lot longer and this leads to the edges burning before the muffins are fully cooked.
*Some of the links contained in this post are affiliate links. Much like referral codes, this means I earn a small commission if you purchase a product I referred (at no extra charge to you).
Estimated Nutrition Information does not include carbs from erythritol