I love soft chocolate chip cookies and this recipe I use is the most perfect soft chocolate chip cookie recipe I've ever tasted.
The problem I had with past soft chocolate chip cookie recipes is that they didn't stay soft after they had cooled and sat for a day or two. These cookies stay soft forever. Okay maybe not forever. But a really, really long time. (Don't ask me how I know.)
One of my closest friends introduced me to this recipe, which is highly rated on allrecipes. I've made this before for the blog, but it's been a while. So this weekend I decided to go back to my old favorite. I've always gotten so many compliments with this recipe.
I used to make this recipe with nestle swirl chips. Unfortunately, Nestle has discontinued these chips. I was so sad to hear that as I absolutely love how they look. I felt like when I baked my cookies this time they didn't look as pretty anymore. You can see my cookies with the swirl chips here.
The dough can be a bit sticky and wet to work with. I've found it best to leave the dough sitting for about half an hour, or better yet, stick it in the fridge for about half an hour to firm up the dough.
Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies (adapted from here)
Makes approximately 4 1/2 dozen cookies.
- 4 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 (3.4 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Sift together the flour and baking soda, set aside.
In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white
sugar. (I usually soften butter in microwave for approximately one
- Beat in the instant pudding mix until blended. Stir in the eggs
- Blend in the flour mixture.
- Stir in the regular semi-sweet chocolate
chips, trying to spread evenly through cookie dough.
- Make balls of cookie dough, about 1 inch in diameter.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Edges should be golden brown.