Tender seared steak bites cooked in a garlic butter sauce and served with zucchini noodles for your weekly meal prep. This is an easy low carb dish that is ready in about 30 minutes.
After a long Thanksgiving weekend of eating, it’s time to get back to meal prepping. This is such an easy and flavorful dish that comes together in just minutes.
How to Cook The Steak Bites
- I used sirloin steak for this recipe. Other steak cuts like rib eye, new york strip can also work.
- To get a crusty seared exterior, you need the pan to get very hot. A cast iron skillet works best.
- The steak bites only take a few minutes to cook. Rather than constantly stirring the steak, they should not be flipped until they develop a nice sear.
- Once the steak is almost cooked, they are tossed in a garlic butter sauce.
You might like my steak meal prep with cauliflower mash, too!
Garlic Butter Steak Bites with Zucchini Noodles Meal Prep
- 3 tbsp butter
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp canola oil or olive oil
- 1 lb sirloin steak cut into bite size pieces
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp parsley chopped
- 4 large zucchini spiralized
- In a small saucepan, and butter and garlic. Cook over low medium heat until butter is melted and garlic starts to brown and the flavor of the garlic is infused with the butter. Stir in the garlic powder and soy sauce. Taste and adjust as needed. Set aside.
- Add the canola oil to a large cast iron skillet and bring to high heat. When oil is hot, add in the steak.
- Cook steak about 1-2 minutes on each side, letting them develop a golden sear before flipping them. Lightly season steak with salt as needed. (Keep in mind that the sauce will add sodium to the steak).
- When steak is almost finished cooking, pour two-thirds of the garlic butter sauce over the steak. Stir steak until it is cooked and evenly coated in sauce. Garnish with parsley.
- Remove steak from pan and divide into meal prep containers.
- Using the same pan (and keeping in any remaining sauces from the steak and sauce), add in the zucchini noodles and remaining garlic butter sauce. Stir zucchini noodles until they are fully cooked. Season with salt as needed. Drain water from zucchini noodles and then add to meal prep containers.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.
NEVER MISS A POST!
Receive my newest posts in your inbox by subscribing via Email