Low Carb Keto Biscuits
These low carb keto biscuits are so tender and fluffy, you won’t believe they are flourless. They take less than 30 minutes to make and are gluten free, keto and low carb.
I am really excited to share this biscuit recipe with you today. I’ve been testing them all week and trying my hardest not to gobble them all up.
Taste and Texture
These taste just like drop biscuits, similar to ones you might be served as an appetizer at a restaurant. They are soft and tender on the inside and flavored with cheese, garlic, onion powder.
Please don’t expect tall, flaky biscuits– because these are not that kind of biscuit.
MY LATEST VIDEOS
Sour Cream Substitutions
The key to the tender and fluffy texture is the use of full fat sour cream. I actually tried a few different variations, but sour cream was my favorite.
However, if you don’t have any sour cream in the house, you can also use cream cheese or plain greek yogurt.
Cream cheese requires a little extra work because you need to soften and beat the cream cheese so that it blends easily into the batter. You will also have a stronger cheese flavor in the biscuits.
Plain Greek yogurt will reduce the fat content of these biscuits. It still keeps the biscuits moist, but they aren’t quite as rich as the sour cream or cream cheese versions.
The recipe today is for savory cheese biscuits. But you can easily make variations by adding herbs (rosemary, chives, thyme, parsley are all great options) to the batter or swapping the cheddar cheese for a different cheese.
It’s best to bake these in a muffin pan because the batter is very wet and will spread out too much if you try to bake them free form on a baking sheet.
New! Recipe now updated with video. You can also find all my recipe videos on my youtube channel.
- 1 ½ cups superfine almond flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream see notes
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 450°F. Lightly grease muffin cavities of a 12-cup muffin pan.
In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, salt, baking powder, garlic powder and onion powder.
In a small bowl, combine eggs, sour cream, butter. Whisk until smooth. Pour into large bowl with dry ingredients.
Mix with a whisk or spoon until batter is evenly mixed. It will be quite thick. Stir in cheese.
Scoop ¼ cup of batter and place into muffin mold. The batter is sticky so you will likely need to use a spatula to scrape and remove all the batter from the measuring cup. Repeat until all batter is used up
Bake biscuits about 10-11 minutes or until tops are golden and toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Allow biscuits to cool slightly before eating.
- It’s best to bake these in a muffin pan because the batter is very liquid and will spread out too much if you try to bake them free form on a baking sheet.
- The key to the tender and fluffy texture is the use of full fat sour cream However, if you don’t have any sour cream in the house, you can also use cream cheese or plain greek yogurt. See above post for more details regarding these two substitutions.
- The recipe today is for savory cheese biscuits. But you can easily make variations by adding herbs (rosemary, chives, thyme, parsley are all great options) to the batter or swapping the cheddar cheese for a different cheese.
- Recipe slightly adapted from iSaveA2Z
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have. All images and content are © Kirbie's Cravings.
Low Carb Keto Biscuits
Amount Per Serving (1 biscuit)
Calories 216 Calories from Fat 171
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19g 29%
Saturated Fat 6g 30%
Cholesterol 63mg 21%
Sodium 129mg 5%
Potassium 172mg 5%
Total Carbohydrates 5g 2%
Dietary Fiber 2g 8%
Protein 7g 14%
Vitamin A 7.1%
Vitamin C 0.1%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
NEVER MISS A POST!
Receive my newest posts in your inbox by subscribing via Email
Instagram | Pinterest | Facebook | Twitter