- 1 ½ cups superfine almond flour
- 1 tbsp aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/4 cup erythritol sweetener granular
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 cup sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup shredded low moisture part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1/8 tsp erythritol sweetener granular
Preheat oven to 425°F. Lightly grease 9 muffin cavities of a 12-cup nonstick muffin pan.
In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, baking powder, and sugar.
In a small bowl, combine butter, sour cream, eggs, and vanilla. Whisk until smooth. Pour into dry ingredients bowl.
Mix with a whisk until batter is evenly mixed. It will be quite thick. Stir in cheese.
Scoop ¼ cup of batter and place into greased muffin mold. Repeat until all batter is used up
Bake biscuits about 12-14 minutes or until tops are golden and toothpick inserted comes out clean.
In a small bowl, whisk together butter topping ingredients. Brush tops of biscuits with melted butter while they are still warm. Serve biscuits while warm.
- Biscuits can also be eaten at room temperature. I recommend you only brush with the butter the biscuits you plan on eating right away.
- Adding the sweetener to the butter topping is optional. I have also brushed the biscuits with just butter and they taste good that way too.
- You can try other cheeses but you want to use something with a mild flavor, which is why I used mozzarella. Make sure to use low moisture part skim mozzarella because regular mozzarella will add too much moisture to the batter.
- It is important to use aluminum free baking powder because this recipe uses such a large amount of baking powder. Using baking powder with aluminum may lead to the biscuits tasting slightly metallic.
- Make sure to use a nonstick muffin pan, otherwise the biscuits will stick to the pan. You can also bake these in parchment cupcake liners.
- To reduce fat and calories, you can use fat free plain Greek yogurt.
- I used So Nourished Erythritol Sweetener Granular.*
- *Some of the product links contained in this post are affiliate links. Much like referral codes, this means I earn a small commission if you purchase a product I referred (at no extra charge to you).
- Estimated Nutrition Information does not include carbs from erythritol. Estimated Nutrition is calculated using full fat sour cream.