- 2 1/2 cups superfine almond flour
- 1/2 cup erythritol sweetener granular
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1/3 cup milk or almond milk
- 1/2 cup full fat sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp erythritol sweetener granular
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners. I recommend using parchment muffin liners because the muffins will easily come off and won't stick to the liners.
In a large bowl, add almond flour, erythritol, baking powder, cinnamon. Whisk until evenly combined.
In a separate large bowl, add eggs, butter, milk, sour cream and vanilla. Make sure your butter is warm and liquid but not piping hot because if it is, it can potentially cook the eggs. Whisk until batter is smooth and even.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients bowl. Whisk until batter is evenly combined.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop batter into prepared muffin pan, filling each muffin mold about 3/4 full.
- In a small bowl, add topping ingredients. Stir to evenly mix.
- Sprinkle topping over surface of muffins.
Bake muffins for about 22-25 minutes until tops of muffins are dark golden brown and batter is no longer wet.
- Allow muffins to cool fully before eating.
- I used So Nourished Erythritol Sweetener Granular.*
- I used these parchment cupcake liners.*
- If you decide to omit the topping you may need to add a little more erythritol to the batter because the muffin sweetness does rely partially on the topping which melts in during baking.
- Do not substitute almond flour with coconut flour. Almond flour and coconut flour are not interchangeable. While you may be able to make a version of this with just coconut flour, other ingredients would need to be tweaked as well.
- *Some of the product links contained in this post are affiliate links. Much like referral codes, this means I earn a small commission if you purchase a product I referred (at no extra charge to you).
- Estimated Nutrition Information does not include carbs from erythritol