I’ve mentioned this before but the BF loves lava cakes. I do too. Piping hot, oozing rich chocolate cake. What’s not to love?
I’ve been wanting to try a nutella lava cake for a while. The original recipe I found had a few too many steps and eggs for my liking. So instead, I decided to play around with a lava cake recipe I have been using for a long time and added some nutella to it.
The cakes came out perfectly. The middle of the cakes are full of gooey chocolate and nutella. I didn’t think it was possible to improve on a lava cake, but the melted nutella makes it even better.
These cakes not only taste great, but are pretty simple to make.
Recipe: Nutella lava cakes
- 4 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 6 tablespoons of nutella
- Melt chocolate and butter in microwave, in thirty second intervals and stirring in between until it is completely melted and mixed.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar until light and fluffy
- Add chocolate mixture into the eggs. Add flour and mix until incorporated.
- Grease 6 cupcake/muffin molds. Fill each about 3/4 full with batter. Then put a generous tablespoon of nutella in the middle of each.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 350 degrees F or about 10-12 minutes. The cake should be cooked on the sides but still gooey in the center.
- Remove cakes carefully and turn upside down onto plate. You may need to use a knife gently along the sides of the muffin molds. Serve while warm.