I’ve been a little obsessed with making bread lately. Fresh baked bread is so delicious and makes the house smell so good. I only wish it wasn’t such a pain to make. I hate having to wait for the dough to proof.

Anyway, this weekend I tried out these honey rolls I found on The Pastry Affair. I love honey and these sweet rolls just looked so tender and inviting.

The dough portion is actually really easy to make. But then you do have to let the dough proof for two hours, and then rest for another 20 minutes after you shape them into rolls.

The end result was delicious. I will definitely have to make these again. I could barely wait for these rolls to cool before breaking one open as soon as I took them out of the oven. The rolls is soft, tender, and just a little bit sweet.

I followed the recipe for the most part. I reduced the honey slightly and instead of kneading by hand, I used my stand mixer with the dough hook attachment which was a lot easier and the dough was ready before 8 minutes. You can view the full recipe here.

I am submitting this post to Yeastspotting.

10 Responses to “Honey Bread Rolls”

1. bakingbitsandbobs — April 13, 2011 at 6:18 am

Such lovely pictures! And I feel the same way about the waiting time involved making bread!

• Kirbie replied: — April 13th, 2011 @ 8:21 am

I think I need to check out a few more recipes from the Five Minutes a Day for Artisan bread book. But the few that I didn’t really wow me like breads that require the kneading and proofing.

2. Kristin @ The Pastry Affair — April 13, 2011 at 6:23 am

These turned out just perfect. Your photos are gorgeous!

• Kirbie replied: — April 13th, 2011 @ 8:22 am

Thanks for sharing the recipe!

3. what katie's baking — April 13, 2011 at 6:36 am

this bread looks great.
    i love bread with a hint of honey… especially soft ones!!
    yummy recipe

• Kirbie replied: — April 13th, 2011 @ 8:22 am

You should definitely try it out!

4. Kacey — April 14, 2011 at 9:53 am

Great pictures, these look so delicious! I’m definitely going to have to try making these, although I would probably eat the whole batch all by myself.

Saw these on foodgawker and look forward to exploring your blog!

• Kirbie replied: — April 14th, 2011 @ 10:30 am

Happy to hear you are exploring my blog! These breads are great. I had to give some away so I didn’t eat it all.

5. Diana — January 16, 2012 at 3:37 pm

Your site is fantastic! I will definitely be trying out this recipe Thanks for posting

• Kirbie replied: — January 17th, 2012 @ 10:55 am

Aw, thanks! I’m glad you are enjoying it!