Mister Donut

When planning my trip to Taiwan last Fall, one place I really wanted to try was Mister Donut, a popular donut shop chain in Taiwan. One of their specialties are these super cute  bear donuts.

Apparently I didn’t have to worry about finding one because it seemed like there was a Mister Donuts chain around every corner, including many of the subway stations.

In addition the cute bear donuts they also offer donuts that look like bracelets, which are mochi donuts.

I got a vanilla and chocolate bear donut. Sometimes they have green tea but not while I was visiting.

The donuts taste lighter, almost like they are baked rather than fried. Inside the are filled with a light whipped cream too.

These were so cute. Almost too cute to eat.

I also tried a glazed mochi donut. The donut was really chewy. I liked it, but the kids and FH didn’t. They thought it tasted like the dough was still raw.

While in Taiwan, we also passed by several Dunkin Donuts. I found it ironic how hard it is for me to find a Dunkin Donuts since leaving NY, but I was able to find it in Taiwan.

I really liked the donuts as Mister Donuts. I’ll definitely get more on my next trip. Now if only they would open one here…

Yum

11 Responses to “Mister Donut”

1. Kay — July 6, 2012 at 4:41 am

Ahh I always love all the cute donuts at MisuDo (as they call it in Japan, haha)

• Kirbie replied: — July 6th, 2012 @ 10:40 pm

Hehe, I loved them. I made sure to get them again right before I left so I was eating one on the plane.

2. Mary — July 6, 2012 at 8:41 am

Those bear donuts are so cute! I wish they would open something like that here.

• Kirbie replied: — July 6th, 2012 @ 10:41 pm

Me too. I think it should do well here. Who doesn’t love cute bear donuts?

3. caninecologne — July 6, 2012 at 2:07 pm

omg, so cute!!!!! i love how those bear donuts look! the bracelet donuts look cool too. i wonder if people really wear them? (people with skinny wrists). it seems like a mochi donut would be heavy though.

• Kirbie replied: — July 6th, 2012 @ 10:42 pm

I like bracelet shaped cookies and sweets, not sure why. Hehe, I’ve never seen anyone try to wear it but I guess it could be possible, especially with how skinny people are in Taiwan.

4. Julie @ Table for Two — July 6, 2012 at 4:22 pm

ahhh i remember mister donut! so awesome :)

• Kirbie replied: — July 6th, 2012 @ 10:43 pm

I can’t believe I never went there until my last visit!

5. Minxi — July 6, 2012 at 10:51 pm

OMG Mister Donut is the best :P the “mochi” donuts are my fave, I’ve been wanting to try to make my own sometime ^^”

• Kirbie replied: — July 8th, 2012 @ 5:02 pm

I’m not quite sure how to go about making it. It didnt really taste like traditional mochi, just had a mochi chewiness to it. If you make it successfully please share!

6. caninecologne — July 7, 2012 at 9:15 am

to clarify, i meant ‘heavy’ taste-wise, not ‘heavy’ weight-wise. :)