Zucchini crust “bread” is topped with cheese for a low-carb alternative to traditional breadsticks.
Do you remember my cauliflower breadsticks and zucchini pizza? Well this recipe combines them both. It has a thin, chewy, pizza-like crust, topped with bubbly, melted cheese. It’s super delicious and you get some extra vegetables into your body as well.
I’ve been out of town for the last four days, so this Monday morning was particularly exhausting. But these breadsticks made everything just a little bit better.
- 2 cups packed freshly shredded raw zucchini
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup + 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 tsp Italian seasoning
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup fresh shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 450F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add zucchini to a large bowl and let sit 10-15 minutes. Drain excess water from zucchini bowl. Using a tea towel or several sturdy paper towels, add in 1/2 cup of zucchini into towel and wring dry. Repeat with remaining zucchini. When you are finished, you should have about 1 cup of zucchini remaining.
- Add zucchini, egg, 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, seasoning and flour to a large mixing bowl. Mix until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Dump zucchini mixture onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Using a spatula, spread out the batter so that it forms a rectangle, approximately 9 inches by 7 inches and just slightly under 1/4 inch thick.
- Bake in oven about 15 minutes or until edges are golden brown and both sides are cooked. Remove fro oven and carefully flip crust over. Sprinkle 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese across surface.
- Lower oven temperature to 425F. Bake for about 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and starts to blister. If desired, sprinkle fresh chopped parsley across. Slice and serve.
All images and content are © Kirbie's Cravings.
Did you make this recipe?
Share it on instagram with the hashtag #kirbiecravings!