Blueberry mochi cake
This recipe base for mochi is so easy to make and so versatile, next time I think I'm going to graduate from berries and try some other fruit versions next time.
- 16 oz mochiko rice flour (or can substitute for any brand of glutinous rice flour)
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
1. Cream the butter with sugar. It helps to melt the butter a little first.
2. Mix in the evaporated milk to the butter/sugar mixture.
3. Mix eggs into the mixture.
4. Mix in the rice flour, baking powder and vanilla.
5. Stir in the blueberries.
6. Pour mixture into a 9 x 13 pan.
7. Bake for approximately 1 hour at 350 degrees.
8. Let cake completely cool, allowing the mochi to set, before cutting and serving.