This weekend was the perfect weekend to break out all my heart shaped bakeware. My Nordic Ware Heart Pan is great to use for any occasion, but especially this weekend. I decided to bake one of my favorite chocolate cakes: cinnamon chocolate bundt cake.
Last time I made mini bundts, which were cute and delicious. The big version was just as tasty and easy to make.
Cinnamon Chocolate Bundt Cake (adapted from recipe found on Food Librarian)
1 cup water
1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
1/2 cup butter
5 Tablespoon cocoa (I used natural cocoa, but Food Librarian says both dutch and natural work)
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 3/4 cups sugar
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 tsp baking soda
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In a pot, add water, oil, butter and cocoa and bring to a boil, stir until mixed.
3. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt, cinnamon with a whisk.
4. Add the chocolate mixture to the flour and mix until combined.
5. Add the buttermilk and baking soda and mix.
6. In a small bowl, combine the eggs and vanilla. Add to the batter and combine.
7. Grease a 10 or 12-cup bundt pan (I greased mine with Pam with Flour). Pour in batter. Bake in a preheated oven for approximately 30-35 minutes
8. Cool in pan.
9. Top with a dusting of powdered sugar.