Cinnamon Chocolate Heart Bundt Cake
This weekend was the perfect weekend to break out all my heart shaped bakeware. My Nordic Ware Heart Pan is great to use for any occasion, but especially this weekend. I decided to bake one of my favorite chocolate cakes: cinnamon chocolate bundt cake.
Last time I made mini bundts, which were cute and delicious. The big version was just as tasty and easy to make.
Cinnamon Chocolate Bundt Cake (adapted from recipe found on Food Librarian)
1 cup water
1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
1/2 cup butter
5 Tablespoon cocoa (I used natural cocoa, but Food Librarian says both dutch and natural work)
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 3/4 cups sugar
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 tsp baking soda
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In a pot, add water, oil, butter and cocoa and bring to a boil, stir until mixed.
3. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt, cinnamon with a whisk.
4. Add the chocolate mixture to the flour and mix until combined.
5. Add the buttermilk and baking soda and mix.
6. In a small bowl, combine the eggs and vanilla. Add to the batter and combine.
7. Grease a 10 or 12-cup bundt pan (I greased mine with Pam with Flour). Pour in batter. Bake in a preheated oven for approximately 30-35 minutes
8. Cool in pan.
9. Top with a dusting of powdered sugar.