- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1/2 cup butter
- 5 tbsp cocoa I used natural cocoa, but Food Librarian says both dutch and natural work
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a pot, add water, oil, butter and cocoa and bring to a boil, stir until mixed.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt, cinnamon with a whisk. Add the chocolate mixture to the flour and mix until combined. Add the buttermilk and baking soda and mix.
- In a small bowl, combine the eggs and vanilla. Add to the batter and combine.
- Grease a 10 or 12-cup bundt pan (I greased mine with Pam with Flour). Pour in batter. Bake in a preheated oven for approximately 30-35 minutes
- Cool in pan. Top with a dusting of powdered sugar.
Recipe adapted from recipe found on Food Librarian