I loved the mini donut muffins I made previously. So I figured, why can't I make them into mini donuts? I made another batch of these yummy treats, and this time put them in my Norpro Mini Donut Pan. And I covered them with chocolate ganache.
I had a little trouble with my first batch. The donuts seemed done at around 8-9 minutes, but they wouldn't come out of the pan properly. A few more minutes of extra baking didn't affect the taste, and helped the donuts to come out more easily. However, I would recommend greasing the pans thoroughly. Compared to all the past donut recipes I've made, this one was definitely the hardest to pop out of the pan.
This is still my favorite baked donut recipe. I recently found another one I'm planning on trying soon though.
Mini cake donuts (adapted from Stylish Cuisine)
3/4 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking power
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup milk (low fat is fine)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease a mini donut pan with cooking spray
or vegetable oil.
2. In a large bowl, beat together sugar and egg until light in color.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and
nutmeg. Pour into egg mixture and stir to combine. Pour in vegetable
oil, milk and vanilla extract.
4. Fill donut pan to about 3/4 full.
5. Bake for 11-12 minutes
6. Decorate donuts after they have cooled.Yum