I loved the mini donut muffins I made previously. So I figured, why can’t I make them into mini donuts? I made another batch of these yummy treats, and this time put them in my Norpro Mini Donut Pan*. And I covered them with chocolate ganache.
I had a little trouble with my first batch. The donuts seemed done at around 8-9 minutes, but they wouldn’t come out of the pan properly. A few more minutes of extra baking didn’t affect the taste, and helped the donuts to come out more easily. However, I would recommend greasing the pans thoroughly. Compared to all the past donut recipes I’ve made, this one was definitely the hardest to pop out of the pan.
This is still my favorite baked donut recipe. I recently found another one I’m planning on trying soon though.
Mini Cake Donuts
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking power
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup low fat milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a mini donut pan with cooking spray or vegetable oil.
- In a large bowl, beat together sugar and egg until light in color. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Pour into egg mixture and stir to combine. Pour in vegetable oil, milk and vanilla extract.
- Fill donut pan to about 3/4 full. Bake for 11-12 minutes for mini donuts.
- Decorate donuts after they have cooled.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.