Cinnamon Sugar Donut Muffins
I love sugar donut muffins. They are so easy to make and they taste a lot like cake donuts, but much healthier. I’ve made them multiple times now but I realized recently that I never put the original version on this blog. Instead, I’ve done all the variations on the original recipe.
So here is the original version. A sugar donut muffin that is then rolled in a cinnamon sugar mixture. They might look as cute as ones dipped in chocolate or some of the other versions I’ve made, but they still taste delicious.
I’ve also made these enough times now that I’ve managed to find ways to make the recipe even easier. The original recipe I tried required separate bowls and an electric mixer. The method I use now only requires one bowl to make the batter and a whisk. I love when the clean up is easy. I also used my mini muffin tin rather than making regular muffins.
Recipe: Cinnamon Sugar Donut Muffins
(slightly adapted from recipe from Baking Bites)
(Yields approx 24 mini muffins)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking power
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup fat free milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugar and egg until combined. Add in flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Mix until combined.
- Then mix in vegetable oil, milk and vanilla extract.
- Fill each mini muffin cup about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Once muffins have cooled you can roll in a cinnamon sugar mixture.