Pumpkin Donut Muffins with a cinnamon sugar coating are an easy treat to make for the fall season. These are mini donut muffins that are perfect for sharing.
I love any kind of donut, and lately, I’ve been making a lot of donut muffins. They’re basically mini muffins that taste like cake donuts.
The best part is that they’re easy to make – you don’t need any yeast, and you don’t have to fry them. Just mix up the batter, bake them, and then dip the tops in cinnamon sugar.
I’ve made variations of the sugar donut muffins that have been popular on food blogs. This time, I decided to make pumpkin donut muffins. There are only 15 days left until Thanksgiving, and I have a lot more pumpkin, sweet potato, persimmon, and other fall recipes to try out. So I made a pumpkin version, but I dipped them in a cinnamon sugar mixture.
- All purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Ground cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves
- Vegetable oil
- Brown sugar
- Large egg
- Vanilla extract
- Pumpkin puree
- Melted butter, cinnamon, and granulated sugar for the topping
Flour: I use AP flour for this recipe. If you prefer a gluten-free version, you should try my keto pumpkin donut muffins made with almond flour.
Spices: You can measure out the individual spices as directed in the recipe, or you can use one teaspoon of pumpkin spice, which is a combination of spices.
Oil: This recipe uses oil, but I’ve also made pumpkin donut muffins without oil.
Milk: I use fat free milk in this recipe, but you can use whole milk or 2%. I think dairy-free milk, like oat milk or almond milk, would work well, too.
Whisk the flour, baking powder, salt, and spices in a mixing bowl. Whisk the oil, brown sugar, egg, vanilla, pumpkin, and melt in a large bowl.
Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Spoon the batter into a prepared mini muffin pan.
Bake the donut muffins for about 10 minutes at 350°F. Cool the muffins to room temperature.
Mix cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl. Dip the tops of the muffins in the melted butter, and then dip them in the cinnamon sugar.
These muffins are quite tasty. The pumpkin adds so much moisture, and I love the bright yellow hue. I’ll definitely make these again.
More Donut Muffins
Mini Pumpkin Donut Muffins
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup fat free milk
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven 350°F. Spray mini muffin tin with baking spray that contains flour.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and spices .
- In a large bowl whisk together oil, brown sugar, egg, vanilla, pumpkin and milk until smooth. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until just combined!
- Spoon batter into muffin cups about 2/3 full. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let donuts cool completely. Then melt 1/4 cup butter in a small glass bowl. In another small bowl, combine 2/3 cup white sugar and 2 tsp cinnamon. Dip top of donuts in melted butter and then dip in the sugar mixture.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.