Monday, September 5, 2011

Bouchon Bakery

I’ve wanted to visit Bouchon Bakery for a very, very long time. So when I heard that a location had finally opened in Beverly Hills, I took the first opportunity to hop in my car and head on over.

The bakery is located on the first floor of Bouchon Bistro. The bakery front is quite small. After we got our baked goods we headed out to one of the courtyard tables to enjoy the food and view.

I really love the fountain and courtyard that sits between Bouchon and The Montage Hotel.

We got a pain au chocolat. Buttery, flaky on the outside, with just a little bit of chocolate on the inside. This was a yummy croissant.

We also got the chocolate chip cookie. The cookie was chewy with just the right amount of chocolate. I really enjoyed this cookie and realize I must have done something wrong when I attempted the ad hoc chocolate chip cookies. I’m going to retry the recipe again very soon.

We also got a TKO, which is a Thomas Keller Oreo. It’s made with a dark chocolate shortbread and a marshmallow creme. I like the bittersweet chocolate shortbread. I didn’t care too much for the marshmallow creme, it was a little too sweet for me.

Finally, of course, we had to get macarons. I got one of each color. The macarons were quite large and very good. I didn’t care for some of the fillings, but the cookie shells were a perfect balance of airy and chewy. I could eat macaron shells all day.

I loved my desserts and I’ll definitely be back. Especially since I ate all my macarons already. Next time I’ll have to eat at Scarpetta again too. It was just calling out my name as I was leaving.

Bouchon Bakery
235 North Canon Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210
310.271.9910

6 Responses to “Bouchon Bakery”

Catty Critic — September 5, 2011 @ 2:02 pm

I so want to do brunch at Scarpetta and stop in at Bouchon Bakery.

• Kirbie replied: — September 5th, 2011 @ 4:17 pm

I am always up for that =)

caninecologne — September 5, 2011 @ 3:24 pm

Yay! You went to Bouchon! I love the size of their macarons. I’ll have to make another trip up to L.A. to try this and a few other spots.

• Kirbie replied: — September 5th, 2011 @ 4:18 pm

Yes I’m so happy. Love the macarons here. I didn’t love all the fillings, but I loved the shells. After a while I just took the shells apart and ate them alone. heh. I want more..I finished four the first night.

Two Foodies One Journey — September 5, 2011 @ 3:42 pm

Did you try any of their breads or sandwiches ? Bouchon Bakery is OK for the sweet stuff but you can find better somewhere else. Their breads (also served at French Laundry and quite close to good bread from Europe) and sandwiches especially in Yountville are really the place were this bakery shines.

• Kirbie replied: — September 5th, 2011 @ 4:19 pm

Thanks for the tip. I had only heard about TKO, macarons and chocolate bouchons for the bakery. I didn’t know that the bakery is known for their breads and sandwiches. Next time I’ll get some bread and try a sandwich.