Got nutella? Check. Flour? Check. Egg? Check. Alright, now you have everything you need to make these delicious three ingredient nutella cookies.

After I made these four ingredient nutella brownies a while back, I’ve been wanting to make a nutella cookie with the same concept. I tried a few recipes but they didn’t come out right. Finally, I came across this recipe which worked perfectly.

These cookies are chock full of nutella flavor. It’s basically like dipping your spoon into a jar of nutella, but having it in a cookie form. They aren’t the prettiest cookies, but they are ridiculously easy to make with so few ingredients and steps.

They have a chewy texture and taste of nutella through and through. Yummy.

The original recipe calls for four ingredients, adding sugar to the cookie batter. Because there is so much nutella in these cookies, I didn’t think they needed the additional sugar, so I eliminated that ingredient, making this recipe even easier.

Print Print Save Save

Three Ingredient Nutella Cookies

Yield: 10 cookies

Prep Time: 5 mins

Cook Time: 8 mins

1 cup of Nutella
1 cup of flour
1 egg

1. Preheat oven to 350 F.

2. Mix all ingredients with a large spoon until a dough batter forms. The batter may be slightly crumbly, but should come together for the most part. . Form into 1 inch balls. Place on a cookie sheet. Press the balls down with the palm of your hand until they are round and flat. I smoothed out the edges of the cookies after flattening them. Space them about 1 inch apart. Bake for 7-8 minutes for the cookies to set.

Adapted from Tasty Kitchen

79 Responses to “Three Ingredient Nutella Cookies”

1. Melange — September 18, 2011 at 7:43 pm

Wow,that’s such a nice quick fix.Love to check.I absolutely love your space.Great Job !

• Kirbie replied: — September 19th, 2011 @ 6:01 am

I’m glad you enjoy the blog!

2. Paula — September 19, 2011 at 11:41 am

I have made the mini nutella bites, that are really easy. But didn’t know this cookies, and I MUST try them!!!
    Thanks for a new recipe. They have to be delicious!!

• Kirbie replied: — September 21st, 2011 @ 4:07 pm

I like the cookie version. Great for when you are in the mood for cookies rather than cake or brownies

3. Naomi — September 19, 2011 at 1:20 pm

Just in time for the Nutella I bought at Costco today! I think I will make these tomorrow.

• Kirbie replied: — September 21st, 2011 @ 4:00 pm

Ah, the nutella at Costco is the best. I always buy my nutella there

4. caninecologne — September 19, 2011 at 2:08 pm

cool! i like that there’s only 3 ingredients! keep it simple!

it reminds me of this old recipe i used to do for peanut butter cookies (it had either 3 or 4 ingredients).

nutella = yum!

• Kirbie replied: — September 21st, 2011 @ 3:59 pm

I love simple recipes. Anything with 3 or 4 ingredients, I need to try.

5. Yuval — September 21, 2011 at 6:16 am

OK that’s looks very good!! Cool idea

6. Candace — September 30, 2011 at 6:50 am

I tried these last night and they were a HUGE flop. They spread out way to thin and never set up.

My oven temp is accurate, ingredients were measured right…but they just did not work.

I am an experiend cook so I have no idea why they failed…..

• Kirbie replied: — September 30th, 2011 @ 8:17 am

How was your dough before you baked them? The dough shouldn’t be as wet as most cookie dough. The dough for me was bordering on dry before it went into the oven.

7. Smashley — October 8, 2011 at 3:25 pm

These where so yummy and incredably easy! I added some chopped up almonds as well, and used peanut butter for the last quater cup.

• Kirbie replied: — October 8th, 2011 @ 5:25 pm

I like your variations!

8. Rj — October 12, 2011 at 10:15 am

Should add a generous amount of Recess peanut butter chips- like chocolate chips, but ya know, peanut butter
    Makes them much more delicious

• Kirbie replied: — October 12th, 2011 @ 12:39 pm

Interesting idea. I wonder if they would still hold together. These cookies are a bit fragile.

9. Stephanie — November 9, 2011 at 3:35 pm

this was a really good recipe :) i ended up adding 3/4 cups nutella and 1/4 cup peanut butter and it turned out excellent!

• Kirbie replied: — November 9th, 2011 @ 8:00 pm

Oh that sounds like a delicious variation!

10. dell — November 15, 2011 at 1:50 am

hi there
    this is a must try! what if i dont have any baking sheet, would the cookies turn out alright?

• Kirbie replied: — November 15th, 2011 @ 9:24 am

Hi Dell. If you don’t have a baking sheet, what do you plan on using to bake the cookies on? It’s hard to answer your question without knowing what you do plan on using, but you will need a flat surface. I guess I can’t really think of what else would qualify other than a baking sheet. Perhaps you are thinking of using a large rectangle baking pan? That could work.

11. Jack — November 19, 2011 at 10:30 am

These are some of the best cookies I’ve tried in a while. For being such a simple and yummy recipe I give it give it a 10!

• Kirbie replied: — November 19th, 2011 @ 11:04 am

I think it’s great for nutella lovers. It has such a pure taste of nutella without eating it directly from a spoon

12. Galina — November 19, 2011 at 7:35 pm

I was so excited to try this but it ended up being a huge fail. I measured everything correctly and the oven temperature was alright as well. The cookies stayed dry and turned into rocks. I’m disappointed…

• Kirbie replied: — November 19th, 2011 @ 9:24 pm

I’m sorry this recipe didn’t work out for you. I didnt have any problems with the recipe. If they turned into rocks I think maybe they baked too long? Perhaps try adding more Nutella to keep them more moist.

13. Kayla A — December 1, 2011 at 6:49 pm

I’m searching for easy nutella cookies and this is easy enough :D one quick question will self rising flour work or should it be all purpose? all I have on hand is self rising at the moment.

• Kirbie replied: — December 1st, 2011 @ 11:23 pm

The recipe is supposed to be regular flour. I’m not sure how the self rising flour will work since that has a rising agent added to it already

14. Mahara — December 10, 2011 at 12:40 pm

A quick question: This make one dozen, yes? (Maybe I’m blind and it states the yield, but I can’t find it.)

Also, I think that I’ll add a splash of vanilla to the dough, as I’m a vanilla junkie and add it to everything.

• Kirbie replied: — December 10th, 2011 @ 4:29 pm

It made about 10 cookies for me, so a little less than a dozen.

15. Rabea — December 20, 2011 at 5:17 pm

I am the worst baker ever; yet I love sweets. I tried this recipe once so far and my first batch was perfect not too sweet, a little mush’ on the inside and crunchy on the outside. This recipe belongs in a cook book for dummies; its that easy. If you do mess up you can still eat the delicious nutella instead. Thank you a tons for sharing.

• Kirbie replied: — December 21st, 2011 @ 10:30 am

I’m so glad yours turns out well! And I’m sure you are a better baker than you give yourself credit for!

16. Phyllis — December 21, 2011 at 2:25 pm

These are fantastic. Being diabetic , I love that there is no added sugar.

• Kirbie replied: — December 21st, 2011 @ 5:41 pm

I’m so glad they worked out for you!

17. stephen — December 21, 2011 at 8:58 pm

i just put these together. they are in the oven now. did 2 batches. one as is. the other i added a doluup of peanut butter on top. will update how they turned out. thanks for the idea

• Kirbie replied: — December 21st, 2011 @ 10:48 pm

I hope they turn out well for you! I’ve done a version adding peanut butter into the batter too, basically 1/2 peanut butter and 1/2 nutella mixture. Came out pretty good.

18. Katie — January 16, 2012 at 3:18 pm

I made these last night. I zested one full orange and squeezed a bit of fresh juice right into the mixer with the other ingredients. After letting them cool, I sandwiched two cookies putting more nutella as the cream to hold them together. Yum!!

• Kirbie replied: — January 17th, 2012 @ 10:54 am

Thanks for sharing your variation. Sounds delicious!

19. Ana — January 21, 2012 at 6:37 pm

Didn’t workout :O I mean I knew that the dough wouldn’t be like cookie dough but it was insanely dry and wouldnt mix with the nutella :O Maybe I should have melted the nutella a bit in the microwave .. ended up putting 2 cups of nutella … then another egg … to liquid , then a coup of flour .. big fat flop ;) it doesn’t have taste ! :( maybe I’ll try again sometime :P

• Kirbie replied: — January 23rd, 2012 @ 9:15 am

I’m sorry to hear that. The dough is very dry. I usually use my hands to mix it and make it come together. But I haven’t had any problems of it not working at all.

20. Kristin — January 22, 2012 at 3:02 pm

The cookies set up fine, but they tasted bitter. I am going to test them out on my coworkers tomorrow to see if they like them, but I definitely won’t be making these again.

• Kirbie replied: — January 23rd, 2012 @ 9:17 am

Hmm, I never had them taste bitter. I wonder if maybe it was flour that didn’t mix well?

21. Danielle — January 25, 2012 at 7:15 pm

I just made these and was really disappointed. They are extremely bland. I sprinkled sugar on top and that didn’t help either. I didn’t have any trouble with them being too crumbly, but had to knead it. I would suggest putting peanut butter or some sort of chips in the dough, like others tried.

• Kirbie replied: — January 26th, 2012 @ 9:36 am

I’m sorry you were disappointed. These aren’t my favorite cookies, but they are only 3 ingredients, and I like how simple they are to put together and they taste basically of just Nutella.

22. Trader Joes Recipes — March 11, 2012 at 1:46 pm

Seriously? 3 ingredients? I love you.

23. Christina — March 29, 2012 at 12:50 pm

I love Nutella! But after reading the comments, I decided to try the 3/4 cups of Nutella and 1/4 cup of peanut butter. I also used a little less than a cup of flour. The cookies didn’t spread out much, and I baked them for 10 minutes. They still came out pretty good! The cookies were a little dry though, but nothing milk can’t fix! Thanks for sharing :)

• Kirbie replied: — March 29th, 2012 @ 1:04 pm

Yes I agree the cookies are a little on the dry side, but still tasty. They aren’t the “best” cookies in the world, but it’s a simple recipe and it hits the spot for me.

24. Self taught baker — April 16, 2012 at 12:06 am

I just made them and they were fabulous! Thanks so much for this recipe:) I added a little milk(about 1/2 tablespoon?) to it, and I think mine weren’t as flat so it wasn’t dry at all!

• Kirbie replied: — April 16th, 2012 @ 9:37 am

Oh nice! So glad these turned out well and I like the idea of adding a tiny bit of milk.

25. Kris E — May 18, 2012 at 8:16 am

A girlfriend and I made these last night and they came out amazzzing! She chose this recipe BECAUSE you eliminated the sugar and she had the same thought about the Nutella being so sweet already. I don’t know what’s going on that people think it’s too bland or tasteless, maybe these cookies just aren’t for extreme sugar addicts -although my friend & I have pretty serious sweettooths! We also didn’t flatten the cookies all the way, instead made a thumbprint in the middle and added a dollop of raspberry preserves, then placed a slightly smaller flat piece to cover. And since we had doublelayered them, we baked for about 9 minutes in the oven, and they sat for a minute or two on the counter. We ate a few immediately, warm from the oven (*CAREFUL* OF THE HOT PRESERVES! it’s like burning your mouth on a pop tart!) And they were so amazing, like cookies sent from the heavens. Might I add I’m not even a big chocolate fan, but these were just superb!

• Kirbie replied: — May 18th, 2012 @ 10:40 am

So glad you liked! Oh hot preserves..I’ve definitely done that. Ouchy. Thanks for the kind comment!

26. Del — June 6, 2012 at 9:38 am

Love this recipe! I have made it a few times all come out great. As I write this I have a batch baking. Today’s twist I used whole wheat flour, a few chopped nuts & a “dash” of cinnamon. I am by no means a baker but I do add a few drop of melted butter to mine, I am not sure why, but it hold the “crumbly” mixture better. My kids love it!!!
    Thanks again for a great recipe…

• Kirbie replied: — June 6th, 2012 @ 10:52 am

Your variations sound great!

27. Arianne — June 30, 2012 at 9:45 pm

my cookies turned out a liitle soft. :( why is that so?
    BUT, it tasted kinda awesome:)

• Kirbie replied: — July 1st, 2012 @ 9:49 am

It sounds like maybe a little too much Nutella or you need to bake a little longer. Glad they taste awesome though.

28. Julia — July 2, 2012 at 11:32 pm

does the flour have to be sifted

• Kirbie replied: — July 3rd, 2012 @ 10:55 am

No I didn’t sift mine.

29. kiki — July 12, 2012 at 7:09 am

I love you! I ate lunch today and desperately needed something sweet and the only thing I had was nutella, but I wasn’t in the mood for eating it with a spoon. So I googled easy nutella recepie and this came out. It took me 15 minutes from preheating the oven to drying the dishes! This is so awesome, thank you :)

• Kirbie replied: — July 12th, 2012 @ 10:35 pm

Yay! So glad you liked

30. Evelyn — August 17, 2012 at 9:33 pm

Does this need any baking soda at all? Would it taste really hard since there’s no rising agent to it?

• Kirbie replied: — August 17th, 2012 @ 9:45 pm

Nope, no baking soda. They aren’t the “best” cookie, but they are pretty tasty considering it’s only three ingredients. It doesn’t turn hard probably because of all the Nutella.

31. marsha — August 21, 2012 at 8:16 am

these are definately going on my fall/xmas cookie list to make,so easy yet so delicious!

32. julie — August 24, 2012 at 1:45 am

I made these tonight and they were very tasty! If you’re a diehard nutella fan, these cookies are for you! A few pointers for those of you having issues.

First, the egg needs to be a LARGE egg. I can see where one might have dough that is too dry to stick together if they use a regular egg.

Second, adding a splash of milk to the mixture does help mix things together a little bit.

Third, the dough will spread out a bit, which is why it is important that you follow the step which tells you to form them into 1 inch balls. Any bigger than that and you’re going to end up with a big goopy un-set cookie.

Hope this helps! Thanks for the recipe!

• Kirbie replied: — August 24th, 2012 @ 9:23 am

Thanks for sharing your pointers. I didn’t even think about the egg because i always use large ones, but you are right, if someone uses a smaller egg it most likely won’t work since the dough barely comes together even with the large egg

33. amanda — September 3, 2012 at 8:11 am

Nutrional value on these?

34. Amy — October 8, 2012 at 8:16 am

Just made them, thanks for the awesome, quick recipe! I added a bit of milk, a tsp of vanilla extract, another 2 tbsp of flour , and CHILI POWDER! I love the sweet/spicy combo.. This can be tweaked so many ways ! I left them a bit thicker, like others have mentioned in the comments, and they are akin to a mini brownie bite. Perfect with coffee :)

• Kirbie replied: — October 8th, 2012 @ 8:29 am

Ooh, chili powder. That’s a new one. Interesting!

35. peta — November 22, 2012 at 8:08 pm

what type of flour

• Kirbie replied: — November 22nd, 2012 @ 11:26 pm

all purpose!

36. Chikka — December 2, 2012 at 8:01 am

Just tried this! It turned out to be AWESOME. So easy and simple! I only need to add about the quantity: in the recipe it says it’s for 10 cookies, but for me I have 24 cookies xD Not that I’m complaining hahaha. I use the right measurement btw. Ooh, and I think I use a bit too much Nutella cos the cookies are a bit too sweet, but overall, awesome recipe! Thanks so much!

• Kirbie replied: — December 2nd, 2012 @ 10:16 pm

I’m glad you liked the recipe! Wow, you got 24 cookies from these ingredients? That’s a lot.

37. Teri — December 28, 2012 at 2:28 am

Hi, still a novice baker and this is the first recipe that i’m goin to try! But because i’m still new…may I know roughly exactly how much is 1 cup of flour and nutella? (e.g 50gram flour, nutella)

Sorry for this type of novice qns! Really wish to start learning baking n surprise my boyfriend with it! :)

• Kirbie replied: — December 28th, 2012 @ 9:03 am

Hmm, trying searching on google for a conversion. I don’t know the measurements in weight unfortunately. Hope it turns out well for you!

38. rionagh — January 11, 2013 at 7:16 am

worst recipe for cookies ever total mess followed instructions exactly and still took bou 10 mins extra to cook and were a flop

• Kirbie replied: — January 11th, 2013 @ 10:05 am

This is a pretty popular recipe used not only by me and it’s gotten a lot of success.

39. Wendy — February 18, 2013 at 6:06 pm

I tried these with almond flour for a gluten-free cookie–the dough was wetter than you described so I baked them a little longer, maybe 9 minutes, then let them sit on the cookie sheet to let them harden a little. Simple and perfect! They aren’t super sweet but they taste just like nutella. I might try the peanut butter variation listed above too. Thanks!

• Kirbie replied: — February 19th, 2013 @ 9:18 am

I’m glad they work with almond flour. I should try it next time too.

40. Emily — July 25, 2013 at 3:54 am

What type of flour??? Xx About to try this !! :)

• Kirbie replied: — July 25th, 2013 @ 8:42 am

Regular all purpose flour

41. Maida — May 21, 2014 at 10:18 pm

I added white chocolate chips and hazelnuts to mine! A lot of sweet- and richness. Plus a texture additive.

• Kirbie replied: — May 22nd, 2014 @ 12:28 am