Friday, December 9, 2011

Two For the Road Food Truck

Two for the Road is a food truck that focuses on American comfort food with a twist. With choices on the menu like lobster roll and Cap n’ Crunch crab cakes, I was definitely intrigued. As an added bonus, they also carry The Cravory cookies for dessert.

When FH told me that they were visiting his work I was pretty excited. The menu changes often though and unfortunately at the time they came to his work, none of the foods I had wanted to try were on the list. Here is the menu for that day:

FH asked them what their signature dish was and they recommended Brooklyn Burger (1/2lb burger, topped with pastrami, melted swiss, spicy slaw and served on a grilled brioche bun). He also got a side of fries.

He found the burger to be really heavy and the pastrami a little too chewy.

I was hoping he would have a chance to try some of the other dishes they are known for before I wrote up this post, but unfortunately the truck hasn’t been back to his work.  Hopefully I’ll get a chance to try some other dishes at a later date.

You can visit their website for more information. And follow them on twitter @TwofortheroadSD to find out where they’ll be dishing out food.
Two for the Road on Urbanspoon

6 Responses to “Two For the Road Food Truck”

Carol — December 9, 2011 @ 7:10 am

I would have totally gotten the Brooklyn Burger and the Parm Fries, too. Too bad the pastrami was chewy.

• Kirbie replied: — December 9th, 2011 @ 9:20 am

Yeah. I think he enjoyed the burger other than the pastrami though. I really want to try the crab cakes!

Julia — December 10, 2011 @ 6:17 am

They were at the Comic Con food truck food court – I had the Captain Crunch crab cakes, which were good but as someone from the Gulf Coast, not quite what I expected. I’m hoping they’re back this year so I can try something else from their menu.

• Kirbie replied: — December 10th, 2011 @ 4:27 pm

Oh, I didn’t realize they were there. I didn’t eat anything from the food truck court this year.

Judy — December 10, 2011 @ 6:43 am

Your posts on nostalgia foods are so cute. It’s fun to read about American food from outside of America.

Love these food trucks even though a lot of these dishes aren’t really what we see down in Australia.
    We didn’t even have Oreos when I was kid. We’ve been getting a lot more American-style dishes and brands in the last 15 years though although Krispy Kreme was a hit until it recently closed down.

By the way, a real Aussie hamburger has got to have a slice of canned beetroot in it. That’s how we would have them.

• Kirbie replied: — December 10th, 2011 @ 4:31 pm

Oh interesting about the Aussie hamburger. It’s always cool to learn about food of different countries. I’ve never been to Australia but it’s on my to-do list!