Monday, March 26, 2012

Pepperoni Pizza Rolls

In addition to my obsessions with mug cakes, Nutella, and bacon, I love peppperoni and pizza related creations.

I recently joined pinterest where I came across these pepperoni rolls. The original post makes rolls with bread. When I saw the picture on the post, my mind had immediately imagined pizza crust, mozzarella cheese and pepperoni, much like a regular pizza in an easy rolled up form.

These came out pretty tasty. Like eating pizza but without the mess. I think I should have been more liberal with the cheese though as the cheese did not ooze out as much as I would have liked.

I made mine smaller because I wanted them to be more snack sized. These are simple to make and a fun project if you have kids.

Pepperoni pizza rolls

Yield: 8-10 rolls

Two cans of Pillsbury premade pizza dough
mini pepperonis
shredded mozzarella cheese

1. Preheat oven to 400F. Roll out dough and cut to 3 inch by 3 inch squares. Sprinkle generously with cheese and pepperoni. Carefully roll up dough and seal the edge. Place on baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Repeat with remaining dough.
2. Bake for approximately 20 minutes until dough turns golden brown. Serve while warm. You can serve with some marinara sauce for dipping too.

7 Responses to “Pepperoni Pizza Rolls”

Denise @ TLT — March 27, 2012 @ 11:47 am

Simple, clever and – I just know they are – delicious! Adding extra cheese is always good in my opinion;)

• Kirbie replied: — March 27th, 2012 @ 12:00 pm

It’s hard to go wrong with pepperoni and cheese. =)

Jesica@ Pencil Kitchen — March 27, 2012 @ 1:10 pm

Oh dear! I love pepperoni and pizza creations as well! I have to say! this is the neatest rolls i’ve seen!

• Kirbie replied: — March 27th, 2012 @ 1:35 pm

I’m pretty happy with how they came out! I know there’s a lot of similar ideas with breadsticks or garlic knots, but each different variation is always fun!.

Mikey — March 27, 2012 @ 2:16 pm

Ooh, pizza rolls that are made of real food, instead of whatever I’m buying from Totino’s.

Rachel @ Bakerita — March 27, 2012 @ 9:07 pm

Yummy! I love pizza in all forms…as evident by my most recent post! Haha. These look amazing.

• Kirbie replied: — March 28th, 2012 @ 10:16 am

Oh your pizza monkey bread looks delicious!