In addition to my obsessions with mug cakes, Nutella, and bacon, I love peppperoni and pizza related creations.

I recently joined pinterest where I came across these pepperoni rolls. The original post makes rolls with bread. When I saw the picture on the post, my mind had immediately imagined pizza crust, mozzarella cheese and pepperoni, much like a regular pizza in an easy rolled up form.

These came out pretty tasty. Like eating pizza but without the mess. I think I should have been more liberal with the cheese though as the cheese did not ooze out as much as I would have liked.

I made mine smaller because I wanted them to be more snack sized. These are simple to make and a fun project if you have kids.

Print Print Recipe

Pepperoni pizza rolls

Yield: 8-10 rolls

Two cans of Pillsbury premade pizza dough
mini pepperonis
shredded mozzarella cheese

1. Preheat oven to 400F. Roll out dough and cut to 3 inch by 3 inch squares. Sprinkle generously with cheese and pepperoni. Carefully roll up dough and seal the edge. Place on baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Repeat with remaining dough.
2. Bake for approximately 20 minutes until dough turns golden brown. Serve while warm. You can serve with some marinara sauce for dipping too.

Yum

7 Responses to “Pepperoni Pizza Rolls”

1. Denise @ TLT — March 27, 2012 at 11:47 am

Simple, clever and – I just know they are – delicious! Adding extra cheese is always good in my opinion;)

• Kirbie replied: — March 27th, 2012 @ 12:00 pm

It’s hard to go wrong with pepperoni and cheese. =)

2. Jesica@ Pencil Kitchen — March 27, 2012 at 1:10 pm

Oh dear! I love pepperoni and pizza creations as well! I have to say! this is the neatest rolls i’ve seen!

• Kirbie replied: — March 27th, 2012 @ 1:35 pm

I’m pretty happy with how they came out! I know there’s a lot of similar ideas with breadsticks or garlic knots, but each different variation is always fun!.

3. Mikey — March 27, 2012 at 2:16 pm

Ooh, pizza rolls that are made of real food, instead of whatever I’m buying from Totino’s.

4. Rachel @ Bakerita — March 27, 2012 at 9:07 pm

Yummy! I love pizza in all forms…as evident by my most recent post! Haha. These look amazing.

• Kirbie replied: — March 28th, 2012 @ 10:16 am

Oh your pizza monkey bread looks delicious!