Like peanut butter cups but filled with cookie butter spread inside!

I previously made Nutella chocolate cups which were delicious. It took me a lot longer before thinking to try the a cookie butter version though. A few weeks ago I was at Trader Joe’s and spotted their chocolate bars filled with speculoos spread. I was excited and bought a couple. But when I ate them, I was disappointed. I thought the chocolate flavor overwhelmed the speculoos spread and really wished they had put more cookie butter in there.

So then I thought, why not just make my own? Like the Nutella chocolate cups I made.

So I did it. And they are delicious. Chock full of Biscoff spread (though you can use other cookie butter brands) and with a chocolate shell.

Print Print Recipe

Cookie Butter Chocolate Candy Cups

• 8 oz semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup cookie butter spread (I used Biscoff, other brands work too)

1. Line mini muffin pan with mini candy cup liners (3/4 inch to 1 inch diameter). Put chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl and microwave for about 30 seconds. Stir with a spatula. Microwave for an additional 30 seconds. Stir again. If chocolate is not yet completely melted and smooth, repeat for another 15 second interval. Alternatively, you can melt chocolate on a double boiler.
  2. Using a small spoon, scoop some melted chocolate into the bottom of each cupcake liner so that it completely lines the bottom (you want it thick enough to hold the weight of the cookie butter, but not so thick that you don't have room for filling the cups). Take the back of the spoon and dip into chocolate and coat the inner sides of the candy liners with chocolate as well. Place pan into the refrigerator to let chocolate harden, about 20 minutes.
  3. Remove pan from refrigerator after the chocolate has hardened. Fill each chocolate cup with 1 heaping teaspoon of cookie butter. Take a spoonful of the remaining melted chocolate and pour on top of the cookie butter filling until you can no longer see the cookie butter. Smooth surface with back of spoon. You can also hit the bottom of your pan against counter a few times to help settle the chocolate. Place pan in refrigerator for another 20 minutes, or until chocolate has hardened. Eat immediately. Store uneaten ones in freezer or fridge until ready to serve.

9 Responses to “Cookie Butter Chocolate Candy Cups”

1. Kay — July 16, 2012 at 5:58 am

These look so cute!

2. Mary — July 16, 2012 at 8:56 am

I got those candy bars from TJ, too. I was disappointed it was dark chocolate, since I prefer milk chocolate. Great idea on making your own!

3. kitchen essence — July 16, 2012 at 9:52 pm

yum, what does that cookie spread taste like?

• Kirbie replied: — July 17th, 2012 @ 5:29 am

it tastes like the speculoos cookies but all mashed up. really good!

4. Patti @ Bakeify — July 25, 2012 at 10:17 am

I just got some Cookie Butter from Trader Joe’s too. We’ve just been spreading it on graham crackers and toast. So yum. But these sound yummy! I think I’m going to have to stock up. I want to make cookies too. Have you tried this in cookies? I’m wondering if the taste gets lost…

5. Ana — June 1, 2013 at 12:01 am

Hi! Love the idea of this! How many pieces does this make? :)

• Kirbie replied: — June 1st, 2013 @ 2:52 pm

About a dozen. Have fun! They are delicious

6. Rachel Webb — April 10, 2014 at 2:40 am

Hey- I was wondering if anyone sold biscoff spread other than Trader Joe’s. Up here in NW Ohio, there’s only a select number of grocery stores… The really big box kind like Walmart, Meijers, Chief & Rays, Kroger, and Aldi’s. Do you think that any of them would have biscoff spread?

• Kirbie replied: — April 10th, 2014 @ 10:56 am

I buy mine at Walmart all the time! It’s much cheaper there too, So definitely try there. I’ve also seen it at Ralph’s, which is the same as Kroger.