After making pepperoni pop tarts, DH requested I also make some bacon ones. Mmm bacon.
Baby brother suggested the combination of gouda and bacon but I didn’t have any gouda in my fridge so I decided to pair the bacon with some cheddar cheese.
I think I liked these even better than the pepperoni ones. And the fact that they are filled with bacon and cheese make them seem more appropriate with the breakfast pop tart theme.
Like the previous ones I made, I used premade pie crust to simplify the process. These are so simple to make and you can fill them with whatever combination you want, sweet or savory. I haven’t bought pop tarts since learning to make my own.
Bacon Cheddar Pastries/Pop Tarts
- 1 package premade pie crust
- precooked crispy bacon cut into small squares
- shredded cheddar cheese for filling
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Roll out pie crust and cut rectangles 3 x 4 inches. Take one rectangle and place a small amount of cheese and bacon. Make sure to leave at least 1/2 inch perimeter around the rectangle. Place another rectangle on top. Seal by pressing the back of fork tongs, making indents on all sides of the rectangles. Repeat with remaining rectangles.
- Place in oven for about 15 minutes until crust is golden brown. Serve while warm.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.