Alright, one last pumpkin recipe before I put the pumpkin to rest for a little while. I was trying to get this out before Thanksgiving but got too busy and too lazy. This one didn’t quite make the cut, but it’s one of my favorites: Nutella Swirl Pumpkin Bread.
It’s a variation on the classic pumpkin bread I made every year and the Nutella swirl acts almost like a Nutella spread.
If you’re still thinking of last-minute pumpkin dessert ideas, be sure to check out my entire category on pumpkin as there are just too many favorites for me to list out.
Nutella Swirl Pumpkin Bread
Yield: 2 loaves
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
1 cup vegetable oil
2/3 cup water
3 cups white sugar
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/2 cup Nutella
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease two 9×5 inch loaf pans.
2. In a large bowl, mix together pumpkin puree, eggs, oil, water and sugar with an electric mixer.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger. Using an electric mixer on low speed, mix the dry ingredients with the pumpkin mixture until just blended. Pour into the prepared pans.
4. Take half of the Nutella and drop spoonfuls across top of batter (So each loaf has about 1/4 cup of Nutella in it total). Use a knife and begin to swirl Nutella with batter, making figure eights across the batter several times.Repeat with second loaf.
5. Bake for about 50-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Adapted from All Recipes