Pumpkin Muffins with Pecan Streusel
Moist and tender pumpkin muffins with a buttery pecan streusel topping. These easy muffins are a sweet way to celebrate the fall season.
Okay, I have one last pumpkin recipe for you today because It’s December and I’m super excited to begin baking Christmas/holiday/winter desserts. But I had to share these pumpkin muffins before I dive into my holiday desserts.
These muffins are a great way to close the fall baking season. Although, is it a crime to make pumpkin recipes year-round? These muffins are a recipe I would make at different times of year because they’re topped with a delicious streusel and I never get tired of crumbly buttery toppings on muffins.
Make the Pumpkin Muffins
- Combine the wet ingredients: Mix oil and sugar together in a bowl. Add pumpkin puree, eggs, and water and stir until combined.
- Combine the dry ingredients: In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, spices, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ones and stir until combined. Pour the batter into a prepared muffin pan.
Make the Streusel Topping
- Place butter, brown sugar and pecan pieces in a bowl. Use a fork to combine the ingredients until the mixture resembles a coarse meal.
- Sprinkle the streusel over the top of the muffin batter in the muffin pan
- Bake the muffins at 350°F for 20 minutes.
I love how these pumpkin muffins turned out. They are moist and the streusel topping is lightly crunchy with a crumbly texture.
If you want to squeeze in a few more fall baking projects here are some more of my favorite pumpkin recipes for you to try:
More Pumpkin Muffins and Quick Bread Recipes
- 1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup canned pure pumpkin
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter at room temperature, cut into small pieces
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line muffin/cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
Whisk the oil and sugar in a large bowl. Add the eggs, pumpkin, and water and whisk until combined.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, spices and salt. Add the flour mixture to the wet mixture and stir to fully incorporate.
Pour the batter into cupcake liners, about 2/3 full.
To make the topping, combine the sugar, butter, cinnamon and the pecan pieces. Use a fork and mix until it butter and sugar resembles a coarse meal. You can also rub the mixture between your hands so that the butter mixes thoroughly with the sugar. Sprinkle the topping over the muffins before baking. Bake for approximately 20 minutes.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have. All images and content are © Kirbie's Cravings.
Pecan Streusel Pumpkin Muffins
Amount Per Serving (1 muffin)
Calories 302 Calories from Fat 135
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 10g63%
Vitamin A 3335IU67%
Vitamin C 0.8mg1%
Net Carbs 38g76%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.