Mini flourless pumpkin chocolate chip muffins that taste like pumpkin pie in muffin form. These fluffy muffins are ready in less than 30 minutes. They are delicious as well as being paleo friendly, wheat free, gluten free, and refined sugar free.
The muffins are similar to pumpkin muffins made with flour. They are fluffy, tender and moist.
The mixture of nut butter with baking powder and egg helps create the structure for the muffins.
I chose almond butter because if its mild flavor. It’s barely noticeable once you add in the pumpkin, spices, etc.
To keep these paleo, I used coconut sugar for the sweetener, though you can substitute with granulated white sugar or brown sugar if you aren’t trying to make it paleo. Coconut sugar does not have a coconut flavor. Coconut sugar comes from the sap of flower buds of coconut palm trees. The flavor is similar to caramelized brown sugar and works really well with the pumpkin pie spices.
I love how easy these are to whip up. They reheat and store well too, so you can make a large batch for the week or for gifting.
Flourless Pumpkin Pie Muffins
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup creamy almond butter
- 4 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips divided
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and grease mini muffin pan. Combine all ingredients except chocolate chips into a large mixing bowl. Mix with a whisk until batter is smooth.
- Stir in ¼ cup mini chocolate chips.
- Fill mini muffin molds to the top. Sprinkle a few chocolate chips on top of each one. Bake for about 11-13 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean and surface of the muffins spring back when touched.
- To keep it paleo, you can use homemade pumpkin pie spice and paleo mini chocolate chips.
- If you do not need to keep it paleo, you can substitute coconut sugar with brown sugar or granulated white sugar.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.