This flourless pumpkin bread is so easy, you can prepare the batter in a blender. It’s fluffy, moist and full of fall spices. And there’s no flour, so it’s also gluten-free.
I am loving these flourless quick breads. Without the flour, the batter is so much easier to mix. If you don’t have a blender, you can also use a mixer or whisk by hand, but I love being able to throw everything into my blender and let it do most of the work.
I always look forward to pumpkin bread in the Fall. And while I have my go-to favorite pumpkin bread recipe, this new one really satisfied my pumpkin cravings and was so much easier! Less work, less clean-up and more time for eating. If you love pumpkin recipes you need to check out my Pumpkin Recipe Round-Up with 35 recipes to try.
The key to this flourless bread is almond butter. The flavor of almond butter is so mild that you don’t even taste it when the pumpkin and spices are added, so it just tastes like pumpkin bread.
I currently have too much almond butter in the house. I made a few versions of this bread and wasn’t satisfied with the results. I was out of almond butter and too lazy to make a trip to the store just to get it, so I looked to see if it was on Amazon. And it was! But as is usually the case when it comes to food products, it cost a lot to buy just a single jar but it was a lot cheaper if I bought a large pack. So I did. The other day while having lunch with friends, a few of my friends shared similar stories so I no longer feel quite as embarrassed to tell this story. So now I have a lot of almond butter. I also have a lot of coconut milk, gelatin, and honey mustard pretzels from past lazy purchases. But I will use them all!
But getting more almond butter is what produced this wonderfully moist, fluffy and delicious cake bread that was finally good enough to share. As I’m writing this, I have a new pumpkin loaf baking in the oven and the house smells so good right now!
More Easy Bread Recipes
Flourless Pumpkin Bread
- 1 cup creamy almond butter (see note)
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9 x 5 inch baking loaf pan.
- In a blender, add all ingredients. Blend on high speed until everything is mixed. If you don't have a blender, you can also use a mixer or whisk by hand.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake about 40-45 minutes, until done. Toothpick inserted should come out clean and if you gently apply pressure to the surface of the bread, it should slowly bounce back rather than stay sunken in.
- Bread will sink down slightly while cooling. Let bread cool before slicing and serving.
- I highly recommend you buy a no-stir almond butter. I used Barney Butter.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.