Wednesday, March 6, 2013

3 Ingredient Biscoff Spread Cookies

I’m still obsessed with my easy spread cookies. And of course I had to make a Biscoff one!

For those of you who still have not tried Biscoff spread, I urge you to do so. It’s a cookie butter spread made of speculoos cookies, a popular spice biscuit cookie in Europe. It’s becoming quite popular in the US now and you can find it at just about any major grocery store. Trader Joe’s also carries their own brand, though I prefer the original Biscoff spread.

It seems a little silly to turn the cookie spread back into cookies, but I like how they turned out. Original Biscoff cookies are crunchy biscuit cookies. These Biscoff spread cookies are soft and chewy but still tasting of the wonderful spices.

My favorite version of all the spread cookies I’ve made is still the Nutella one, but this one is pretty darn good too! Here’s a list of ones I’ve made so far:

Easiest Nutella Cookies

Midnight Chocolate Cookies

Easy Peanut Butter Cookies

Espresso Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies

Easy Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies

3 Ingredient Biscoff Spread Cookies

1 cup Biscoff spread
1/4 cup plus 1 tbsp flour (make sure you don't under measure the flour or you won't have enough dry ingredients)
1 large egg

1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line two baking sheets with silpat mats or parchment paper. Combine all ingredients into a bowl and mix with a wooden spoon until smooth cookie dough forms. It will be a little sticky and oily, but you should be able to work with the dough.
2. Take 2 tbsp of dough and roll into a smooth ball. Place onto baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough, spacing two inches apart. Bake for about 10 minutes. Cookies will spread and should no longer be wet and gooey. Let cookies completely cool on cookie sheets to firm up and set before removing and eating.

10 Responses to “3 Ingredient Biscoff Spread Cookies”

Jinxi — March 6, 2013 @ 11:56 pm

Hehe I love all your easy, few-ingredient recipes! They’re awesome for a late night craving. Currently I only have TJ cookie butter on hand (no Nutella or pb in the pantry.. How have I been living??) so I’ve been looking forward to this recipe :)

• Kirbie replied: — March 7th, 2013 @ 9:48 am

These recipes are dangerous. Sometimes in the middle of writing my post, I go to the kitchen to make another batch! haha

Claire L — March 7, 2013 @ 5:44 am

I really like your 3-ingredient cookie recipe ideas! I haven’t gotten the chance to try any of them yet, but I suspect that they’ll taste strongly of whatever spread you put in them. I’ve always been unsatisfied by how diluted the flavor of nutella or peanut butter or other cookies with spreads become because so much flour and other ingredients are mixed in. I bet these will solve that problem. I’ll let you know when I finally get to try them. Thanks for sharing!
    Also, since you like Biscoff so much, have you ever tried making fudge with it? http://justblitherblather.wordpress.com/2013/01/12/cookie-butter-fudge/

• Kirbie replied: — March 7th, 2013 @ 9:50 am

Thanks for the fudge link. I will definitely have to try it out. Yes, with the spread being the main ingredient, it’s definitely not going to be diluted. So far my favorite is the Nutella one, mainly because it has this amazing texture that I couldn’t replicate as well with the other spread. The biscoff one is good too though.

Peggy — March 7, 2013 @ 6:40 am

It just so happens that I’ve had a jar of this spread in the pantry for a little bit – can’t believe it’s lasted that long, actually! These cookies look great =)

• Kirbie replied: — March 7th, 2013 @ 9:47 am

Def give it a try. I don’t know how your spread has lasted so long either. Haha. I buy four at a time when they are on sale.

Vera Zecevic – Cupcakes Garden — March 7, 2013 @ 7:11 am

Wow, super easy and super tasty recipe!

• Kirbie replied: — March 7th, 2013 @ 9:46 am

Yup, definitely easy and tasty. Hard to go wrong with biscoff spread being the main ingredient!

Mary — June 25, 2013 @ 11:18 am

Thank you!!! This is a great, quick and easy cookie! We have a little girl who has a nut/coconut allergy and a favorite cookie in our house is…of course peanut butter. This is satisfying the cravings of all and is quick to boot. Thank you posting this! Also, I had some crunchy biscoff and used what was left of it in the recipe…give a little crunch to the cookie. YUM.

• Kirbie replied: — June 25th, 2013 @ 1:00 pm

Ooh, good idea on using the crunchy. Glad you enjoy the recipe!