3 Ingredient Flourless Cheese Breadsticks
These cheesy breadsticks are super easy to make. They only require 3 ingredients and are also gluten-free and low carb.
So I feel slightly less guilty that I ate almost the entire thing by myself. Totally not exaggerating. I saved 3 pieces for Mr. K and the rest went straight into my stomach.
The dough for these breadsticks is actually a cheese pizza crust. Cheese, eggs and a little seasoning are mixed together and baked to form a thin pizza-like crust.
It doesn’t just taste like a bunch of melted cheese. It looks like a crust and it has a chewy and soft texture.
The crust is then topped with more cheese and baked until melted, for a cheesy finish.
You can eat them as is or dip them in marinara sauce. I absolutely loved how these turned out. Crispy, cheesy, chewy. I can’t wait to make them again.
3 Ingredient Flourless Cheesy Breadsticks
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
for the topping
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1 tsp finely chopped parsley (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9 x 9 inch square baking pan with parchment paper. (I like to do the 2 sheets of parchment paper going in opposite directions, like in the photo above).
- In a food processor, add 1 1/2 cups cheese, eggs and seasoning. Blend until everything is combined.
- Scoop out batter into baking pan. Carefully spread mixture until it evenly covers the bottom of the pan. Place into the oven and bake for about 20 minutes. The crust should be fairly firm with no wet dough remaining on top. Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425F. Carefully remove crust off of parchment paper and place onto an oven-safe cooling rack. The cooling rack will help allow the bottom to crisp up. Sprinkle surface with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. If desired, you can substitute 2 tbsp of mozzarella for 2 tbsp of parmesan which gives it a little different flavor. Place cooling rack into the oven and cook breadsticks for about 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted and blistered.
- If desired, sprinkle with parsley before cutting and serving.
All images and content are © Kirbie's Cravings.
Did you make this recipe?
Share it on instagram with the hashtag #kirbiecravings!