This chocolate cake is so easy to make with only 2 ingredients and tastes just like a regular chocolate cake. It comes out fluffy, moist and fudgy. This cake doesn’t need any eggs, butter or milk. It also doesn’t need to be baked. The cake is ready in about 10 minutes, including cooking time.
This chocolate cake is a great cake to make when you need a quick dessert. What I love about this cake is that it tastes as good as a regular chocolate cake that usually will take you about an hour to make. Eat it right after it is cooked and it is so fluffy and moist. If you eat it after it has cooled, the cake is very chocolatey and fudgy.
This cake is inspired by the viral 2 ingredient Oreo mug cake and 3 ingredient chocolate cake (using Oreos) recipes. But this recipe is even easier!
Oreos: The main ingredient in this cake is Oreo cookies. You don’t need to use the Oreo brand but you need to use a similar kind of chocolate sandwich cookie. The cake relies on the ingredients contained in the Oreo cookie to make a cake.
Water: Most recipes make this cake with milk but it’s not needed. You have enough fat from the cream fillings, so water works just as well (it actually makes the cake lighter and fluffier).
How to Make Oreo Chocolate Cake
Most of the recipes I came across involved separating the cookies from the cream, crushing the cookies by hand and then mixing in the milk. That is a lot of work, especially separating the cream from the cookies. But you don’t need to do that for this recipe. You just add the whole Oreos and the water and blend until you have a smooth batter. Then your batter is ready to be cooked.
For best results, this cake should be cooked in the microwave. If you don’t have a microwave, you can try steaming or baking in the oven but the texture is not as light and fluffy as the microwave version.
Cake Texture and Flavor
If you enjoy this cake soon after it is cooked, it is incredibly fluffy and moist. As it cools, it does become a little more dense and it becomes more like a fudgy chocolate cake. I like it both ways.
I refer to this as a chocolate cake because it tastes like a chocolate cake. It doesn’t taste like an Oreo cake even though it is made mostly of Oreos. It does have a faint taste of cookies and cream but the dominate flavor is chocolate.
More Easy Cake Recipes
- 4 Ingredient White Cake
- 2 Ingredient No Bake Berry Cloud Cake
- 2 Ingredient No Bake Cheesecake
- 2 Ingredient Keto Chocolate Cake
- 3 Ingredient Vanilla Cake
2 Ingredient Chocolate Cake
- 28 Oreo cookies
- 1 cup (237 ml) water
- Grease a 6 inch round silicone cake pan.
- Add Oreos and water to a blender. Blend until the batter is smooth. Pour batter into the prepared cake pan. See notes for more details on blending the cookies.
- Place cake into the microwave and cook for about 6 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. I cooked mine in an 1100 watt microwave. Cooking time may need to be reduced or increased depending on your microwave wattage.
- Let cake cool a few minutes before removing from pan. If desired, you can frost the cake before serving. I added chocolate ganache on top and sprinkled some crumbled Oreos.
- Because microwaves differ in wattage, be careful not to overcook. It’s better to start with less cooking time and increase as needed.
- This recipe makes a small 6 inch cake. If you don’t have a microwave-safe 6 inch round cake pan you can use something else that is microwave-safe and similar in size like a medium glass bowl, etc.
- I used this 6 inch silicone cake pan.*
- I used my Vitamix blender* to make this batter and did not need to crush the cookies first. If your blender is not powerful enough to crush the cookies, you can first crush them by hand (place them in a bag and crush with something heavy) and then add them to your blender to blend with the water.
- *This product link is an affiliate link. This means I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases.
- The cake is best cooked in the microwave. However, if you don't have a microwave you can steam the cake or bake the cake but the cake will not be as fluffy and soft. For both steaming and oven, I recommend adding 1 tsp of baking powder to the batter. If steaming the cake, cover the surface with plastic wrap so that the surface of the batter does not get too wet. Steam until cooked (until toothpick comes out clean). My steamed version took about 20 minutes. If baking, bake at 350F for about 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- If you want a bigger cake, you can make 1.5 times the recipe and cook in a 7 inch round cake pan (make sure it’s microwave-safe). I used a 7 inch glass and silicone springform pan that I usually use in my Instant pot. Cooking time will be around 9 minutes.
- Optional chocolate ganache frosting: You will need 2 oz of heavy cream and ½ cup of chocolate chips. If you need to make your frosting dairy-free, it is possible to substitute heavy cream with milk alternatives or coconut cream, but your ganache consistency will be thinner. Heat heavy cream in microwave until scalding and then pour over chocolate chips. Immediately start stirring until chocolate is completely melted and smooth. Frost over cake. If desired, take one Oreo cookie and crumble it up and sprinkle the crumbs on the edges of the cake.
- Estimated nutrition does not include frosting.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.
Looking delicious. I’m going to try all of them. Pensioners have to look at these recipes. We sometimes crave for a piece of cake.
I made this chocolate cake for my hubby for Father’s Day. It was so easy and really yummy.He couldn’t believe it was just Oreos and water. What a winner. Thank you for sharing this recipe.
We’re so glad he loved it!
Thank you for the recipes that vegetarians can also eat!
Really easy recipes. I love cooking.
Thank you so much
We’re glad you like them!
This was great. Simple, fast, and rich. Tastes like light, fluffy brownies with icing.
I had two cups of batter so I divided it for a 4in, two layer cake.
The roommates loved it! Thanks for something so quick and easy; the perfect 2 A.M pick me up.??
Love that you made a layer cake – thanks for letting us know!
I wish I could print your recipes.
You can – if you scroll to the recipe card before the comment section, there is a green button that says “print”. It will open a new tab and you can print the recipe.
Does thin oreo cookies work? Do I add more Oreos or less water?
It should work but without testing, I don’t know how many Oreos you would need.
Thank you so much for these scrumptious recipes! I love them all! All the best!
This looks like a great dessert for my friends, since one can’t have gluten, and one, can’t have dairy.
We hope you give it a try!
Quick question. When you put the METAL pan in the microwave and pushed start, did you by any chance notice anything strange happening?
You are not supposed to use a METAL pan. The recipe specifically says to use a silicone pan.
That cake looks so yummy I can’t to make. Thanks for sharing!!
I love to make
My husband decided to make this and it turned out GREAT ? Took a picture and sent it to our 4 children. Thanks ?
I’m so glad it worked out for your family!
Is it the filling that makes it cake-y?
It’s a combination of everything. You’re using the flour and sugar in the cookies, the fat from the cream, etc.
Does this recipe work with gluten free oreos?
I haven’t tried with gluten free oreos
Thanks so much – we’re glad you loved it!
Hallo, good ideal with the oreo mikrowave cake, did sonebody ever try with Prinzenkekse ? I will try it.Because we have so many , was a present for my husband…..Yours sincerely , Petra
Very easy recipe to follow, and everything was clear. Thanks
I’m so glad it worked out for you!
I like chocolaite moist cake
Blueberry dump cake is quick n easy to make. I use the sugar free cake n pie filling So good!?
We’re glad you enjoyed it!
This was Awesome!! I had a craving so bad and only had 6 oreo thins (mint) in the cabinet. worked great with 2TBS of water and microwaved for about 65mins. Made one regular size cupcake. Love this quick delicious dessert.
I’m glad it worked out well for you!
You don’t need to crush them, just put the liquid and cookies in the blender and let the cookies soften first.
We used vanilla almond milk instead of water, and we made a caramel drizzle for the top with sea salt.
It was good enough for a quick craving fix but I wouldn’t serve it at a party.
Thanks for sharing your tip. I don’t think there is enough liquid to soak all of the cookies to soften though
I really want to learn how to bake i am 11 years
We hope you try this recipe!
Super cool I loved it
So glad you liked it!
Ok. I tried this recipe with both regular oreos and double fudge oreos. In both cases the results were great. However, I had to adjust the measurements for my own consistency and creaminess (The original recipe seemed too watery but maybe that’s ok). I actually made this and put it in coffee mugs. I melted some butter to brush on the mugs and poured the batter in. Microwaved for 5 minutes, tested with a fork and then put in the freezer for 5 minutes to cool. I was pleasantly surprised. For what it is its pretty tasty and can be dressed up a bit to make it more decadent. The oreos with the white cream filling gave it just a but of, well, creaminess and I prefer it to the chocolate filled oreos for this dish. My friends thought it was pretty good then freaked out when they realized itvwas oreos and water.
thanks for sharing!
Hi! Can this be done in an 8×8 brownie pan as it sounds delicious!! Thank You!
We haven’t tried that – we’ve tested it in a 7″ round cake pan so an 8×8 might work. Please read the notes section in the recipe card because there are adjustments that you will need to make.