Mini Pumpkin Donut Muffins
The mini pumpkin donuts I made earlier this week disappeared fast. I decided to make another batch, but as mini muffins. Mini muffins are easier to make. It’s easier to pour into the pan and afterwards, I just dusted the tops with a cinnamon sugar mixture.
These were eaten just as quickly. Luckily they are really easy to make, requiring only one bowl and a whisk. I’ll probably be making them again very soon. I really love how they taste. They taste like a healthier version of a sugar cake donut with a touch of pumpkin flavor.
Unfortunately, I only have two pictures to share. I got distracted while taking pictures and forgot to take more. Oops!
Mini pumpkin donut muffins
3/4 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking power
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup fat free milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
2/3 cup sugar
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease mini muffin pan with pam spray.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together sugar and egg until combined. Add in flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix until combined.
3. Then mix in pumpkin puree, vegetable oil, milk and vanilla extract.
4. Spoon in batter to muffin pan about 2/3 full.
5. Bake for 10-12 minutes until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let muffins cool before coating with cinnamon sugar.
6. For the coating. Melt 1/4 cup butter in a small glass bowl. In another small bowl, combine 2/3 cup white sugar and 2 tsp cinnamon. Dip top of donuts in melted butter and then dip in the sugar mixture.
Adapted from Stylish Cuisine
All images and content are © Kirbie's Cravings.
Did you make this recipe?
Share it on instagram with the hashtag #kirbiecravings!