Nutella S’more Bars with homemade Nutella chips
During my S’more themed baking spree, I really wanted to make S’more cookie bars. But instead of using chocolate, I wanted to use Nutella, like the Stuffed Nutella S’more Cookies.
I wasn’t sure at first how to go about it. If I just smeared the bars with Nutella, it would be messy when it was time to cut and serve the cookie bars. So then I got the idea to use Nutella chips, which I previously made for the Nutella chip cookies.
Nutella chips are a little more time consuming since you have to pipe them first. So instead I decided to just cut them into squares and make Nutella chunks, which would work just as well for the S’more bars.
These came out quite yummy. For some reason, the cookie base turned quite soft and fluffy and was almost cake-like. Still delicious though. And you could taste chunks of Nutella mixed in without the messiness of using the spread.
Nutella S'more Bars
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1 cup graham cracker crumbs (I used a food processor to grind to make crumbs)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups mini marshmallows
1 1/2 cup frozen Nutella chunks (recipe from The Ivory Hut)
1. First make the Nutella chunks according to recipe.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, graham crackers, salt, and baking soda.
3. In a stand mixer, combine the butter and sugars until fluffy. Mix in egg and vanilla until combined. Add the flour mixture and mix until combined.
4. Spread the dough evenly across bottom of a greased 9 x 13 pan. Preheat oven to 375ºF
5. Add Nutella chunks, spreading across top. Add mini marshmallows on top.
6. Bake for about 25 minutes until cookie layer is done and remove from the oven. Let cool before cutting. Best served slightly warm.
All images and content are © Kirbie's Cravings.
Did you make this recipe?
Share it on instagram with the hashtag #kirbiecravings!